Bye Bye Vista Support

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So, apparently Microsoft has put an end to Windows Vista support. I had no idea they were still supporting it!! No more security updates, free or paid support. Nothing.

Anyone out there still on Vista? If you are, are you mad? Thankfully the upgrade to Windows 10 isn't that tricky!!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I hated Vista. I was so glad when my laptop with it died because that meant that I wouldn't have to deal with that system anymore.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Vista SP1 was charming in a way, I don't think I would've minded using it once all the kinks were worked out and people got onboard the new driver model and all. I don't know, that dark glossy, classic taskbar is quite something, despite being just a taskbar.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I never had a problem with Vista... I may be the only one :p

I think I still have Vista somewhere, along with XP.

I might go back in time someday to try it out once more

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had no issues with Vista after disabling the endless "are you sure you want to go there?" messages. SP1 was quite stable and the themes were probably the nicest of any Windows iterations.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I had no issues with Vista after disabling the endless "are you sure you want to go there?" messages. SP1 was quite stable and the themes were probably the nicest of any Windows iterations.

Woah! I guess I'm not the only one who actually liked Vista.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
A somewhat old thread, but because it was my favourite version (aside from the speed), it's a little sad to see it end. Thankfully, I stopped using it years ago!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I am another one who was a big Vista fan. I was on the beta for it and loved the animated wall paper when there was a big advanage of getting a ULTIMATE version...Ultimate extras (you needed a good machine to run it). After disabling a few things, it was great...

After SP1, it was solid as a rock, as good as 7...

Vista failed because Microsoft changed the driver subsystem on it. Then they rushed it out, meaning there was a TON of driver issues, even gaming video cards did not have good drivers on release. It got a bad rep right away, and the rest is history.

No question it was one of Microsoft's nicest looking OS's

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I am another one who was a big Vista fan. I was on the beta for it and loved the animated wall paper when there was a big advanage of getting a ULTIMATE version...Ultimate extras (you needed a good machine to run it). After disabling a few things, it was great...

After SP1, it was solid as a rock, as good as 7...

Vista failed because Microsoft changed the driver subsystem on it. Then they rushed it out, meaning there was a TON of driver issues, even gaming video cards did not have good drivers on release. It got a bad rep right away, and the rest is history.

No question it was one of Microsoft's nicest looking OS's
Vista suffered the same fate as Windows 8: the public couldn't or wouldn't deal with the changes and clamored for change for the sake of change.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Woah! I guess I'm not the only one who actually liked Vista.

I liked Vista, not sure why it was universally hated. A little buggy at first but so was XP prior to the service packs. Had a lot of problems with video drivers because Nvidia didn't bother to provide new drivers for the card in either of my desktops, fixed that by replacing them with ATI cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes