02-14-2019 05:19 PM
31 12
tools
    I somewhat see your point, but again it's not Microsoft's problem that they knew how to build what end-users consumers and businesses needed and need is it?
    Indeed it isn't! But at the same time, neither is it Apple's and Google's problem that they are providing what end users want in mobile. Yet Microsoft fans act like the duopoly in mobile is a huge problem, citing lack of competition. Well, at least Apple and Google are competing with each other!

Microsoft doesn't have much of any competition in desktop, at least not yet. And it's not difficult to argue that the (lack of) quality control in Windows 10 is demonstrating the problem with that. Yet Microsoft fans have no problem with this.

My point is that mentioning the problem with a duopoly in mobile but not seeing an issue with a monopoly in desktop indicates that Microsoft fans don't actually have a problem with the duopoly in mobile. If they actually did, they would have a bigger problem with the monopoly in desktop. They don't. They simply aren't pleased that Microsoft wasn't competent in mobile, and failed. They would have no problem with a duopoly, or even a monopoly, in mobile if Microsoft's mobile OS was one of the options.
    02-10-2019 12:05 AM
    Indeed it isn't! But at the same time, neither is it Apple's and Google's problem that they are providing what end users want in mobile. Yet Microsoft fans act like the duopoly in mobile is a huge problem, citing lack of competition. Well, at least Apple and Google are competing with each other!

Microsoft doesn't have much of any competition in desktop, at least not yet. And it's not difficult to argue that the (lack of) quality control in Windows 10 is demonstrating the problem with that. Yet Microsoft fans have no problem with this.

My point is that mentioning the problem with a duopoly in mobile but not seeing an issue with a monopoly in desktop indicates that Microsoft fans don't actually have a problem with the duopoly in mobile. If they actually did, they would have a bigger problem with the monopoly in desktop. They don't. They simply aren't pleased that Microsoft wasn't competent in mobile, and failed. They would have no problem with a duopoly, or even a monopoly, in mobile if Microsoft's mobile OS was one of the options.
    Are you speaking for everyone?

Seems you have it figured out.
    G4Grandad likes this.
    02-10-2019 12:55 AM
    I think you are right, they don't want a Microsoft phone (their loss) which is why I think Andromeda is going to be a tablet first which also does phone things. I think the idea is that it will save you from having to carry your phone as well as a tablet.
    I actually thought about dusting off my 640XL and firing it up. The whole UX of Windows Phone is far better than Android and I miss it.
    02-11-2019 09:24 AM
    I actually thought about dusting off my 640XL and firing it up. The whole UX of Windows Phone is far better than Android and I miss it.
    I still have an 830 alive and kicking.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-11-2019 04:04 PM
    I still have an 830 alive and kicking.
    In all honesty, if MS hadn't given up on Teams for W10M, I would most likely still be using it.
    02-13-2019 09:10 AM
    Seeing the quality of WP8 and WP7, at the time, MS is at its best when it has competition, and is on the back foot.

While they're in front, it appears they do just enough to justify their position, and stop customers from going somewhere else.

With said though, I do agree, I think most people don't really care about market share, it's just the end user experience that really counts, so that's why duopoly or the monopoly doesn't really matter for most people, they just want what they prefer.
    02-14-2019 05:19 PM
31 12