Microsoft should stop with this charade and make Windows 11 a paid upgrade

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]I get it, Microsoft wants to make money.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This new system requirements to get people to buy new PCs is ridiculous.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Microsoft should drop this charade and make Windows 11 a paid upgrade.[/FONT]

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
This is nothing new. Just about every OS upgrade required some to get new computers if they wanted to use it. Don't know how making it a paid upgrade would make a difference. That was one of the reasons vista and winme were such failures and they were paid upgrades. .

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
The story is that Microsoft will make money by selling this new windows to the companies and the companies will make money by selling their new compatible systems.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like someone's extremely salty 😶.

The Windows 11 should be a free upgrade as 1) many have paid large amounts of money to get W10 licenses. So by making it a paid upgrade, a substantial amount of people will not upgrade. Which leads me to 2)The base level of operating system will be lopsided resultling in more work for Microsoft and developers alike. 3)By making it a free upgrade more people will upgrade which helps with zero point exploit mitigation. 4)Less variations of software to patch and so on.

Last edited:

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Many people paid for Vista as an upgrade from XP, only to learn that their hardware was insufficient. A repeat of that definitely isn't needed.

Except that, in this case, Windows 11 runs perfectly fine on unsupported hardware.

I mean, do you really believe that Windows 11 can run just fine on 2C/2T Celeron G4900T (Coffee Lake), but not on 4C/8T Core i7-7700K (Kaby Lake)?

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Are you saying that Microsoft is exaggerating the Win11 hardware requirements, in order to help themselves and their OEM partners make more money, by forcing consumers to buy new hardware in order to upgrade to the new OS?

Maybe, but I think its more believable that there are indeed certain security standards that they would like to maintain, in order to future proof the OS, and avoid any security issues down the line.

The fact that they are gonna make more money off of it, is just icing on the cake.

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]I get it, Microsoft wants to make money.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This new system requirements to get people to buy new PCs is ridiculous.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Microsoft should drop this charade and make Windows 11 a paid upgrade.[/FONT]

That is why one should update to Windows 11 with the system required bypass method.

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
I updated my computer without the requirements. Windows is allowing this but reads that security updates will not be available. My computer had a update yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99