office 365 on android tablet

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about getting MS office 365 for my android tablet.

Is that mobile version as crappy as the WP phone version is? I'm hoping it's as good as the PC version but I'm afraid in reality I'd be better off getting one of the free android apps that is Microsoft compatible.

Thanks.

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
It always makes me smile when people try to use the phone for desktop work.

I guess you guys are telling me it's still crap? Bummer.

Phones are going to be the computers in the not too distant future. You can already mirror your android phone onto a large HD flat screen tv and attach a keyboard and mouse to it (if you have the more recent android phones with miracast and Bluetooth/NFC). That means it's already a virtual desktop even if some programs aren't perfect yet.

EDIT: Actually, it might be a more distant future than I think. Not because it's too advanced technology. But because MS and Apple want to keep selling both laptops and phones for as long as they can. I think that's why we can use a mouse with android (who's primary money is tablets and aren't as invested yet in laptops while Apple and WP I think purposely keep you from doing so with their phones).

chocolateyum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what it is like, but have you tried the web apps? Just in case 365 app isn't great.

No I haven't but I will now. Thanks so much.

Just watched a youtube clip of someone using it on a kindle. Wasn't perfect but definitely looked really good. Amazing what MS has done. It's sad electronics and software is such a popularity contest these days. MS is really doing some amazing things with all their devices and software.

My sister doesn't even need to wait for phones to become laptops anymore since all she does is MS office, internet, and movies. She's got that today it looks like (I still need a laptop though).

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No I haven't but I will now. Thanks so much.

Just watched a youtube clip of someone using it on a kindle. Wasn't perfect but definitely looked really good. Amazing what MS has done. It's sad electronics and software is such a popularity contest these days. MS is really doing some amazing things with all their devices and software.

My sister doesn't even need to wait for phones to become laptops anymore since all she does is MS office, internet, and movies. She's got that today it looks like (I still need a laptop though).

Office Web Apps/Skydrive/Outlook.com is actually the reason I got a Chromebook to use on the couch. They give me some compatibility between my phone and cheap couch computer.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been on the Office web apps bandwagon for the past few days , I completely switched to it form Google docs, they are really good although I still have to use Desktop office for advanced shortcuts. Google docs was even worse :(

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
By the way, for Office Web apps, office.live.com is the URL, right?

It's like desktop Office 2013 without the macros and with just as much formatting as our editing tool here at the forums.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
By the way, for Office Web apps, office.live.com is the URL, right?

It's like desktop Office 2013 without the macros and with just as much formatting as our editing tool here at the forums.

Simple method, just open Skydrive.live.com and then on the top menu bar click on create and you will find the types of documents you can create.

Ues it is like Desktop office the same interface without shortcuts, macros and more than the editing tool , a few nifty features are added.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Simple method, just open Skydrive.live.com and then on the top menu bar click on create and you will find the types of documents you can create.

Ues it is like Desktop office the same interface without shortcuts, macros and more than the editing tool , a few nifty features are added.
I know that, I just prefer a direct URL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon