Outlook or modern mail app?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to know who is using outlook over the mail app on the 8.1 start screen? I use the latter but thinking about using outlook. Just seems clunky.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have an Office 365 subscription, so I use Outlook. It has a lot more features than the Windows 8.1 Mail app. Outlook also provides more features for calendars.

bricenm

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I have Office 365 so I use Outlook over the mail app. It does more and I find it easier to use organizing my calendar, mail and folders versus the mail app. I use the mail app only to check my work email via Exchange Activesync, but that is rare because I check my work email on my BlackBerry mostly.

You could look at it this way too...you pay for Office 365 so might as well use Outlook since it's there. Haha.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Outlook. I have 365 as well, so it makes more sense to use it. Plus, the calendar works better and provides many more options. If I could find a way to remove the modern mail and calendar apps without also removing contacts, I would. Its redundant to me.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I like the Universal (Metro/Modern) Mail app quite a bit. The Calendar app is in no way an acceptable replacement for Outlook, but Mail starts faster, has a lighter load, and is much easier and cleaner to use multiple accounts with. I use Outlook for the more complex tasks and for accessing my PSTs, but most of the time I just use Mail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes