Type Cover 2 autocorrect is annoying! Help!!

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Okay, here's some instructions:

1) Take a deep breath and relax. Concentrate on happy thoughts

2) Now open the settings charm and go to "Change PC Settings"

3) Go to "PC and Devices" and then "Typing"

4) Turn off "Autocorrect Mispelled Words"

5) $$$Profit$$$

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay, here's some instructions:

1) Take a deep breath and relax. Concentrate on happy thoughts

2) Now open the settings charm and go to "Change PC Settings"

3) Go to "PC and Devices" and then "Typing"

4) Turn off "Autocorrect Mispelled Words"

5) $$$Profit$$$

Hahaha, thanks man, step 1 helped the most :)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I think he may be talking about the stupid glitch I keep getting, where it will take perfectly good words and turn them into a jumbled mess of letters lol.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I like the auto correction, but what I hate is when I purposely spell words a certain way, for example... the expression "woo hoo!" The Surface 2 always corrects it to woo 'hood. So, I then go back to delete the ' and the d. Once I do that, it does it again. That is what is frustrating.

crasher35

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Turning off autocorrect this way, unfortunately, also turns it off for the on-screen keyboard. Is there a way to just disable it for the Type Cover but not the OSK?

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I like the auto correction, but what I hate is when I purposely spell words a certain way, for example... the expression "woo hoo!" The Surface 2 always corrects it to woo 'hood. So, I then go back to delete the ' and the d. Once I do that, it does it again. That is what is frustrating.

Why don't you add the "'hoo" to the dictionary? I do think their implementation is better than on iOS as it generally only corrects when it is really sure. Otherwise it just shows a list of suggestions.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, any of you guys are having problems after the update, like the autocorrect getting turned off, or surface2 not recognizing any input from the keyboard?

Keeps happening to me. Please if anyone has this and knows what's going on, I need help.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
On my surface pro 2, the auto-correct/suggest feature does not work when using my type cover 2. I didnt even know about this feature until I read about it recently.

I have troubleshooted the issue and auto-correct works fine when using the on-screen keyboard, just not the type keyboard. I went through the chat with Microsoft support and we tried turning it on and off and on. No luck. Tried two-button reset, no luck. Next step was to 'Refresh' the surface. I dont want to do that just yet. Seems like everything else is working fine, just not the suggest feature with type keyboard. Weird.

All updates have been installed, as of today. Anyone else have this issue?

I have tried it in Word 365, web pages, OneNote. No luck at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes