need a tip.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there no tips and tricks thread around? Found some stuff using Google but nothing I didn't already have figured out.
How does one page up or down with no physical kb? All the scrolling is nut driving.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there no tips and tricks thread around? Found some stuff using Google but nothing I didn't already have figured out.
How does one page up or down with no physical kb? All the scrolling is nut driving.

I don't think there is a gesture that does the same thing as Page Up and Page Down buttons.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is a gesture that does the same thing as Page Up and Page Down buttons.

I get on some very long pages sometimes and it can take ten swipes to get back to the top. My iPad you just touch the top of the screen and your taken to the top of your page. I thought there might be a shortcut on the surface to do the same. Not switching to the iPad for this feature, LOL!

New Question:
Is there an app like Silverlight that allows videos from amazon to work?

Last edited:

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I get on some very long pages sometimes and it can take ten swipes to get back to the top. My iPad you just touch the top of the screen and your taken to the top of your page. I thought there might be a shortcut on the surface to do the same. Not switching to the iPad for this feature, LOL!

New Question:
Is there an app like Silverlight that allows videos from amazon to work?
As to your last question...Amazon allows you to watch videos using Flash or Silverlight, and the Surface 2 can use flash. I have had no problems watching prime movies in IE11.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
As to your last question...Amazon allows you to watch videos using Flash or Silverlight, and the Surface 2 can use flash. I have had no problems watching prime movies in IE11.

Hmmm, I'll investigate further. I tried to watch something I had in my library and that's when it directed me to Silverlight. Then Silverlight's site said my surface is not compatible with their app. No problem using Netflix tho.

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, I'll investigate further. I tried to watch something I had in my library and that's when it directed me to Silverlight. Then Silverlight's site said my surface is not compatible with their app. No problem using Netflix tho.
Well, I don't have own any movies on Amazon (i.e., my library is empty), but in just choosing various "prime" movies, I haven't had any trouble playing them. The player doesn't say it is using flash; I just assume that is the case since on my Laptop Computer running full Windows 8 Amazon says that IE11 is not compatible with Silver Light (or vice versa) and that I have the option to use flash, which works. I was guessing that IE11 on the surface knows it cannot use Silver Light (or Amazon knows) so it just automatically uses flash.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I wish it would automatically use flash, but mine doesn't. At least on amazons site. Come to think of it I can't recall ever being asked about whether to use flash on any site it just works . I was trying to see of I could HDMI to my TV from amazon via surface. Netflix does it perfectly.

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
It is possible to force amazon to use flash instead of Silverlight, but I don't remember how. Try searching on that. I use amazon instant video through IE on the surface all the time - it works fine.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
It is possible to force amazon to use flash instead of Silverlight, but I don't remember how. Try searching on that. I use amazon instant video through IE on the surface all the time - it works fine.
Found it. Its just a button press off to the side on the amazon page. Gives the flash option. No need for Silverlight. Working fine now :)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I got a question (unrelated to scrolling, bet its a request for a tip). How does one save / download an image from the Facebook app? I am sure its a simple task I am missing.

I just checked on my surface with the official Facebook app, and I tried holding it down and right clicking, nothing. Sorry.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes