LinkedIn app question about contacts and messages

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
OK, I'm usually pretty good at these things, but the LinkedIn app has me perplexed. I set up my LinkedIn account with my other ones (Twitter, Facebook), but I can't see my LinkedIn contacts or messages on either the People app or on the LinkedIn app itself. I removed the LinkedIn account, then added it back and still the same.

What am I doing wrong? Something dumb, I'm sure. :confused::confused:

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
OK, I'm usually pretty good at these things, but the LinkedIn app has me perplexed. I set up my LinkedIn account with my other ones (Twitter, Facebook), but I can't see my LinkedIn contacts or messages on either the People app or on the LinkedIn app itself. I removed the LinkedIn account, then added it back and still the same.

What am I doing wrong? Something dumb, I'm sure. :confused::confused:
Hi Wendy. I'm not sure which LinkedIn app you are using since LinkedIn doesn't have its own official app, but I think all of the others are just web wrappers with a little added functionality with links to different sections on the left of the screen (I use LinkedIn HD rarely...mostly I just go to the LinkedIn website in IE11). Regardless, I am not sure what issue you are having. If your LinkedIn connections do not show in the people hub, I think you can go to settings/pc settings/accounts/your account and click on "more account settings online". If you log in to your account online, you can "manage the other accounts you've connected" under permissions. If LinkedIn is not listed there, that might be the issue, and you can just add your LinkedIn account from that same page.
What I don't understand is why you don't see your contacts and messages in the LinkedIn app that you use. Assuming it is a web wrapper, once you log in, it should have all of your information just like on the website itself. I hope this helps.

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks ... yes, it was a wrapper, but didn't even take me to my LinkedIn page, nor show messages. It was a dumb app. I deleted it and got another, which now works. My LinkedIn connections do show in the People app, but what doesn't show up is anything from LinkedIn in the What's new section. Is it supposed to?

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks ... yes, it was a wrapper, but didn't even take me to my LinkedIn page, nor show messages. It was a dumb app. I deleted it and got another, which now works. My LinkedIn connections do show in the People app, but what doesn't show up is anything from LinkedIn in the What's new section. Is it supposed to?
Mine behaves the same way. Contacts show up, but only Twitter and Facebook are connected to my "What's New" section. I guess that is how it works (or doesn't work if you will).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes