Issues with my surface 2

Canadianberries

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I love my surface 2, I got it a week ago for my birthday, but in the last few days I've had some issues with it. If I leave it for a while in standby mode and come back to it I find it rebooting. That wasn't a huge deal but I got worried when I left it with over 90% battery last night and when I woke up it was dead and the back was really hot. I don't know if this is software or hardware related. Anybody else having these issues or should I go back and exchange my surface for a new one?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the keyboard attached? If so, then I find sleeping the Surface before closing it with the keyboard keeps it from accidentally waking up and freezing when trying to wake it by opening it up again.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I would try to do a refresh and if that doesn't work then I would return it for Exchange. MS is saying there is a fix for the heat issue coming, but yours sounds with the reboots that maybe it is something more.

Also, make sure all the Windows updates are applied.

Scott Schuetz

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Exact same issues here. Does not seem like an exchange worthy issue to me - hopefully a firmware update of some kind could fix it. I've seen a few threads pointing to Bluetooth drivers, network adapters, etc, but nothing conclusive. Currently I'm trying to leave my Bluetooth radio on, and uncheck the ability for power management to turn it off - that was one suggestion in another thread.
*update: since making these changes I have not had a single problem waking the S2 up. I think the Bluetooth driver has issues.,

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes