Surface 2 cannot connect to the internet (limited) using Windows 8.1 Hotspot (Virtualrouter Plus)

Gorgan8

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Heyya guys!

As mentioned in the title, I am having problem connecting to the internet using my Lenovo G480 hotspot hosted by Virtualrouter plus. My L620 and my girlfriend's galaxy S advance could connect to the hotspot and connect to the internet. Any idea why and how to work about?

Cheers! :evil:

Gorgan8

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thank you for your response. Yes, I have the latest updates installed. I'm actually staying in a university hostel, as I have mention, I'm using my laptop as hotspot as I could only connect to the internet using Ethernet.

ctitanic

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Virtual Router in my work PC and I don't have any problems. Have you tried connecting your phone to Virtual Driver? That will tell you if the problem is with your PC.

Another thing, do you have enable the Internet Sharing in your laptop?

Gorgan8

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Virtual Router in my work PC and I don't have any problems. Have you tried connecting your phone to Virtual Driver? That will tell you if the problem is with your PC.

Another thing, do you have enable the Internet Sharing in your laptop?

Hi ctitanic,

My windows phone and another android phone could connect to virtual router plus without any problem. I have tried connecting 2 surface 2 to my virtual router but without any luck. I have tried troubleshooting on my surface , the error mentioned something about IP addresses. Thanks

ctitanic

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi ctitanic,

My windows phone and another android phone could connect to virtual router plus without any problem. I have tried connecting 2 surface 2 to my virtual router but without any luck. I have tried troubleshooting on my surface , the error mentioned something about IP addresses. Thanks

What's exactly the error?

Gorgan8

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What's exactly the error?

Hi, I finally able to the exact troubleshooting report. It says "Root cause: The wireless access point might not be compatible with maximum wireless power-saving mode" "Repair option: Change the power-saving setting on your access point from maximum to medium. The wireless network you are trying to reach might not be compatible with wireless power-saving mode. Changing the setting to medium will improve performance and compatibility with the older access points but might reduce battery life."

I have changed the wireless network setting to 1) maximum performance, 2) medium power saving and 3) maximum power saving but all the results were not good.

Please advice. Also, may I know what software are you using to create Access Point using your laptop? Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes