Skype privacy issues

silverfox64xx

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Why can you not sign out of Skype on surface 2 ?.You can close the app But you can not sign out of one acc and sign in to another I have personal and business acc.
I do not want to set up another user acc I just want to sign out protect my privacy .MS and skype help lines have agreed this is a problem .

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Activate charms, settings, profile, sign out.

Edit: NM. Won't let you sign out if you are using a MS Account. If you're using local profile, it'll work.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You can not sign out under any circumstances on Surface2 You have to link it

I sign out on mine..... I also used a Microsoft account to sign into my surface. Although I have my Skype account linked, I used my old Skype login and password vs using my Microsoft sign in. Try that.

silverfox64xx

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I sign out on mine..... I also used a Microsoft account to sign into my surface. Although I have my Skype account linked, I used my old Skype login and password vs using my Microsoft sign in. Try that.
Sorry you CAN NOT sign out you can only be invisible or close app as soon as you tap on Skype it goes straight on without asking for password .I have spoken to Skype and MS help lines and both have confirmed that there is not a normal sign out option I just found other discussions on here about same subject

silverfox64xx

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Skype is the always-on app that makes staying in touch easier than ever. Connect with friends, family, and
colleagues by using Skype calls and chat.
This is from Page 82 of Surface 2 user guide

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
You can not sign out under any circumstances on Surface2 You have to link it

Even if you log into Windows using a local account? I understand having to link it to a MS Account, but what if you aren't logged into Windows with a MS Account? Can't you use the logout option then?

silverfox64xx

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a PRIVACY issue here. Please stop abusing the term privacy.
Sir you are entitled to your opinion as Ive seen in many of your 143 posts and I am entitled to mine .I will always respect yours and would like you to offer me the same courtesy Thank you

Last edited:

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you CAN NOT sign out you can only be invisible or close app as soon as you tap on Skype it goes straight on without asking for password .I have spoken to Skype and MS help lines and both have confirmed that there is not a normal sign out option I just found other discussions on here about same subject

you are right... I guess I was still remembering 8.0. I tried yesterday and threw a fit... Especially since I can't sign out on my Xbox One...

I hope this functionality is added as well as the option to clear my history for my "privacy" from friends and so on...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon