turn off keyboard clicks

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the touch cover 1 and for the life of me I can't figure out how to turn off the keyboard click noises.... it drives me nuts. I thought I saw an option in settings but I guess it was only for the on-screen keyboard

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Settings - ringtones and sounds - scroll to the bottom .....

Should be checkmarks for

-keyboard
-lock screen
-camera shutter
-all other messages

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Settings - ringtones and sounds - scroll to the bottom .....

Should be checkmarks for

-keyboard
-lock screen
-camera shutter
-all other messages

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

I don't see ringtones and sound options in my settings... sorry I just got this tablet. XD

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
PC Settings - PC and Devices - Typing - under Touch keyboard, toggle off "play sound as I type"

This works for my touch cover 1 on the Surface 2.

jrsavery

May 16, 2013
Visit site
PC Settings - PC and Devices - Typing - under Touch keyboard, toggle off "play sound as I type"

This works for my touch cover 1 on the Surface 2.

It doesn't work on my Surface 2 but does on the wife's Surface RT. I'm thinking it might be a small bug. I started setting up and playing with my Surface without the touch cover connected and switched off the typing sounds as they are annoying. After connecting the touch cover the typing sounds always play unless I mute the device or turn the volume right down. When I set up my wife's RT (bought later when heavily discounted) I deliberately left the sounds active until after I connected the cover. Toggling the setting on her RT works as you would expect.

I have tried every other option/trick that I could find but nothing worked. I could try resetting it but it's not that important...

Wendy Bautista

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't work on my Surface 2 but does on the wife's Surface RT. I'm thinking it might be a small bug. I started setting up and playing with my Surface without the touch cover connected and switched off the typing sounds as they are annoying. After connecting the touch cover the typing sounds always play unless I mute the device or turn the volume right down. When I set up my wife's RT (bought later when heavily discounted) I deliberately left the sounds active until after I connected the cover. Toggling the setting on her RT works as you would expect.

I have tried every other option/trick that I could find but nothing worked. I could try resetting it but it's not that important...

Yea same for me.... it says its off and everything but I still makes the noises... if it is a bug I hope they fix it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs