I was browsing around when I stumbled upon this product by Wacom

Bamboo Pad, Wireless | Wacom

Looking around, Windows Compatibility Centre does show that this is supported in Windows 8.1 RT

Windows RT 8.1 compatibility for Wacom Bamboo Pad Wireless Touchpad model CTH-300K

And Wacom did release an app, Bamboo Paper which is optimized for this product and plus, supports Windows RT.

Anyone can verify that this product works on Surface 2/ RT/ Windows RT in general? I'm quite curious whether this can work, especially in OneNote.
    02-07-2014 12:35 PM
    Hmmm...this is interesting! I would also like to know about user experiences. From what I read, apparently, they have an app in the Store (which I will check out) that allows for notes and drawings etc. What I would be most interested in is whether such notes and drawings can be exported to Word etc. Of course, if the inking is possible in OneNote, then that would solve a lot of problems.

Edit: Also, what about this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Intuos...pUvbUpU2339533
    Last edited by kristalsoldier; 02-07-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    02-07-2014 02:53 PM
    Hmmm... won't be much help since I no longer own a Windows RT tablet. But you got me interested on picking one of these up at some point. Wish it was Bluetooth though.
    02-07-2014 02:57 PM
    Hmmm...this is interesting! I would also like to know about user experiences. From what I read, apparently, they have an app in the Store (which I will check out) that allows for notes and drawings etc. What I would be most interested in is whether such notes and drawings can be exported to Word etc. Of course, if the inking is possible in OneNote, then that would solve a lot of problems.

Edit: Also, what about this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Intuos...pUvbUpU2339935
    I believe that Intuos is not supported on Win RT according to Windows Compatibility Centre http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Hardware&Name=Wacom+Pen+and+Touch+Small+Graphics+Tablet&ModelOrVersion=CTH480&Vendor=Wacom&Locale=1033%2C2057%2C3081%2C4105%2C16393&LastSearchTerm=graphics%2Btablet&BreadcrumbPath=graphics+tablet&TempOsid=Windows+RT+8.1

I do agree that if this does works with OneNote, the possibilities are endless!

Hmmm... won't be much help since I no longer own a Windows RT tablet. But you got me interested on picking one of these up at some point. Wish it was Bluetooth though.
    Yeah, it's a pity. USB ports are limited on tablets after all. Using Bluetooth will allow for a lot more flexibility.
    02-07-2014 08:10 PM
    This might help. Sounds like it can do something (e.g. write/draw) on Surface RT.

Wacom Bamboo Connect Tablet does have limited compatibility - Microsoft Community
    02-07-2014 09:42 PM
    This might help. Sounds like it can do something (e.g. write/draw) on Surface RT.

Wacom Bamboo Connect Tablet does have limited compatibility - Microsoft Community
    Interesting. So some Wacom tablets does work on Windows RT. And to think the Bamboo Pad I referenced is supported in Windows RT (according to the compatibility center anyway).

Anyone wanna try this?

P/s: Guess what I found here:

I do believe its a Surface RT, as shown by its USB port position.
    Last edited by zero_kbom; 02-07-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Additional info
    02-07-2014 10:02 PM
    I have the Bamboo and I have tried it ever since I got the Surface back in 2012. Without a driver it is just a glorified mouse.

Edit:

I have the wired version.

I can ask the distributor for a test of that specific model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by azcruz; 02-07-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    02-07-2014 10:08 PM
    I have the Bamboo and I have tried it ever since I got the Surface back in 2012. Without a driver it is just a glorified mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it this Bamboo Pad? How about note taking in OneNote? Does the palm rejection works?
    02-07-2014 10:16 PM
    I am sorry, please disregard my post. I wasn't paying attention and replied about the Bamboo USB version.

Anyhow, I asked the distributor and was told no drivers are needed for Windows 8, but not sure about the RT. So I'll have them deliver a demo unit on Monday for testing.
    xboxonthego3 and zero_kbom like this.
    02-07-2014 10:50 PM
    The Wacom distributor told me that the Bamboo Pad is a discontinued product. The Bamboo products are now Intuos and the old Intuos are now Intuos Pro.

They are offering to demo this - Intuos Pen & Touch Tablets | Wacom but I told them to find a Bamboo Pad so I can be helpful in this thread I maligned. :D
    zero_kbom likes this.
    02-07-2014 11:12 PM
    The Wacom distributor told me that the Bamboo Pad is a discontinued product. The Bamboo products are now Intuos and the old Intuos are now Intuos Pro.

They are offering to demo this - Intuos Pen & Touch Tablets | Wacom but I told them to find a Bamboo Pad so I can be helpful in this thread I maligned. :D
    Thanks for taking all the trouble. But, that Bamboo Pad Wireless is still available through Amazon (at least in the UK).
    02-08-2014 03:14 AM
    I tried the Intuos Pen earlier and it works the same as the original Bamboo without a driver, i.e., a mouse.

They don't have the Pen and Touch, but I might get a chance tomorrow.

They're still looking for the Bamboo Pad from dealers.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    02-10-2014 09:08 AM
    Hi,
    I'm also interested if the combination of the two would work. Did you get the bamboo pad and try it? how about onenote?
    Thanks!
    02-27-2014 07:43 AM
    Can anyone confirm this post?

Digitizing Tablets for the Surface RT - Microsoft Community

The guy says he uses Genius F610 digitizer tablet with his Surface RT and it works!
    02-27-2014 11:49 AM
    and one more thing: a direct digitizer screen can be bought for the surface rt
    Amazon.com: Touch Screen Digitizer for Microsoft Surface RT Black Repalcement parts: Cell Phones & Accessories
    02-27-2014 01:22 PM
    They have these at my Best Buy, is it pressure sensitive?
    02-27-2014 09:44 PM
    No idea, but the connecting of the screen with the tablet looks a bit too complicated..
    03-01-2014 07:02 AM
    Just tried my Intuos with my Surface 2 and although it installed the drivers for mouse and tablet it did not work.
    I rebooted and it still didn't work - not even as a mouse.
    03-01-2014 03:51 PM
    Just tried my Intuos with my Surface 2 and although it installed the drivers for mouse and tablet it did not work.
    I rebooted and it still didn't work - not even as a mouse.
    May I know what your Intuos model is and driver version?

I'm ordering an Intuos Pen & Touch.
    03-02-2014 09:46 PM
    I have a wacom at home I can test it out once I get there Its the pen and tab I'll look into it

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    06-30-2014 02:01 PM