Wacom Bamboo Pad

zero_kbom

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I was browsing around when I stumbled upon this product by Wacom

Bamboo Pad, Wireless | Wacom

Looking around, Windows Compatibility Centre does show that this is supported in Windows 8.1 RT

Windows RT 8.1 compatibility for Wacom Bamboo Pad Wireless Touchpad model CTH-300K

And Wacom did release an app, Bamboo Paper which is optimized for this product and plus, supports Windows RT.

Anyone can verify that this product works on Surface 2/ RT/ Windows RT in general? I'm quite curious whether this can work, especially in OneNote.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...this is interesting! I would also like to know about user experiences. From what I read, apparently, they have an app in the Store (which I will check out) that allows for notes and drawings etc. What I would be most interested in is whether such notes and drawings can be exported to Word etc. Of course, if the inking is possible in OneNote, then that would solve a lot of problems.

Edit: Also, what about this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Intuo...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2339533

Last edited:

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... won't be much help since I no longer own a Windows RT tablet. But you got me interested on picking one of these up at some point. Wish it was Bluetooth though.

zero_kbom

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...this is interesting! I would also like to know about user experiences. From what I read, apparently, they have an app in the Store (which I will check out) that allows for notes and drawings etc. What I would be most interested in is whether such notes and drawings can be exported to Word etc. Of course, if the inking is possible in OneNote, then that would solve a lot of problems.

Edit: Also, what about this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Intuo...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2339935
I believe that Intuos is not supported on Win RT according to Windows Compatibility Centre http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Hardware&Name=Wacom+Pen+and+Touch+Small+Graphics+Tablet&ModelOrVersion=CTH480&Vendor=Wacom&Locale=1033%2C2057%2C3081%2C4105%2C16393&LastSearchTerm=graphics%2Btablet&BreadcrumbPath=graphics+tablet&TempOsid=Windows+RT+8.1

I do agree that if this does works with OneNote, the possibilities are endless!

Hmmm... won't be much help since I no longer own a Windows RT tablet. But you got me interested on picking one of these up at some point. Wish it was Bluetooth though.
Yeah, it's a pity. USB ports are limited on tablets after all. Using Bluetooth will allow for a lot more flexibility.

zero_kbom

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the Bamboo and I have tried it ever since I got the Surface back in 2012. Without a driver it is just a glorified mouse.

Edit:

I have the wired version.

I can ask the distributor for a test of that specific model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zero_kbom

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the Bamboo and I have tried it ever since I got the Surface back in 2012. Without a driver it is just a glorified mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it this Bamboo Pad? How about note taking in OneNote? Does the palm rejection works?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry, please disregard my post. I wasn't paying attention and replied about the Bamboo USB version.

Anyhow, I asked the distributor and was told no drivers are needed for Windows 8, but not sure about the RT. So I'll have them deliver a demo unit on Monday for testing.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The Wacom distributor told me that the Bamboo Pad is a discontinued product. The Bamboo products are now Intuos and the old Intuos are now Intuos Pro.

They are offering to demo this - Intuos Pen & Touch Tablets | Wacom but I told them to find a Bamboo Pad so I can be helpful in this thread I maligned. :D

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The Wacom distributor told me that the Bamboo Pad is a discontinued product. The Bamboo products are now Intuos and the old Intuos are now Intuos Pro.

They are offering to demo this - Intuos Pen & Touch Tablets | Wacom but I told them to find a Bamboo Pad so I can be helpful in this thread I maligned. :D

Thanks for taking all the trouble. But, that Bamboo Pad Wireless is still available through Amazon (at least in the UK).

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried the Intuos Pen earlier and it works the same as the original Bamboo without a driver, i.e., a mouse.

They don't have the Pen and Touch, but I might get a chance tomorrow.

They're still looking for the Bamboo Pad from dealers.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just tried my Intuos with my Surface 2 and although it installed the drivers for mouse and tablet it did not work.
I rebooted and it still didn't work - not even as a mouse.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just tried my Intuos with my Surface 2 and although it installed the drivers for mouse and tablet it did not work.
I rebooted and it still didn't work - not even as a mouse.

May I know what your Intuos model is and driver version?

I'm ordering an Intuos Pen & Touch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes