Huge batterry drain with type cover 2 connected

wawapumaa

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
hello,
when I put my surface 2 in stanby mode connected with type cove 2. I am waking up with empty battery. Without it is fine
Someone have a this problem??? It is really annoying

I am all update

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I updated today. And then there was also a bug update. Idk the dates of when these updates appeared. I just chose to do it today. And so far, I haven't seen a random drain yet.

-- Sorry if I am mean, I just dislike mean people! --

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
This is a problem that many of us have determined was introduced with the March update.

Here's a thread on the Microsoft forum discussing the issue.

I also noticed some issues with battery life with the update. So, following your post via the link, I deleted "Update for Windows RT 8.1 (KB2883200)". I'll know for sure today if there is any improvement or not as the day goes on, but I noticed that this update does not reappear when I check for updates.

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Guys my surface is up to date . but recently for past 3-4 days I have been observing that even after charging the surface to 100% in the night , when I keep it over night attached with the type cover 2 I see a huge battery drain by morning and plus the surface is hot too . what is the issue here guys ? and is there any soloution to this mess ? I love the surface but then this kind of stuff is really irritating . is Microsoft aware about this issue and is my case unique here or many users too are facing the same issue ?

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I got the type cover, but yet to connect or play with it. I was leaning towards getting a blue tooth mouse and keyboard anyway and just resell the keyboard touch cover.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys my surface is up to date . but recently for past 3-4 days I have been observing that even after charging the surface to 100% in the night , when I keep it over night attached with the type cover 2 I see a huge battery drain by morning and plus the surface is hot too . what is the issue here guys ? and is there any soloution to this mess ? I love the surface but then this kind of stuff is really irritating . is Microsoft aware about this issue and is my case unique here or many users too are facing the same issue ?
Ah that problem I sometimes have. If the surface gets hot, then either the camera app is on OR the surface didn't go into standby mode properly. I had this problem too, so I disabled the swipe-up-for-camera in the start screen, and made sure that my Surface 2 is on standby mode. Sometimes my surface heats up, and when I open it, it directly leads me to what I previously opened, not the start screen where you have to swipe up to continue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck