hello,
    when I put my surface 2 in stanby mode connected with type cove 2. I am waking up with empty battery. Without it is fine
    Someone have a this problem??? It is really annoying

I am all update
    04-14-2014 06:59 AM
    This is a problem that many of us have determined was introduced with the March update.

Here's a thread on the Microsoft forum discussing the issue.
    Dos101 likes this.
    04-14-2014 10:29 AM
    I updated today. And then there was also a bug update. Idk the dates of when these updates appeared. I just chose to do it today. And so far, I haven't seen a random drain yet.

-- Sorry if I am mean, I just dislike mean people! --
    04-14-2014 08:41 PM
    This is a problem that many of us have determined was introduced with the March update.

Here's a thread on the Microsoft forum discussing the issue.
    I also noticed some issues with battery life with the update. So, following your post via the link, I deleted "Update for Windows RT 8.1 (KB2883200)". I'll know for sure today if there is any improvement or not as the day goes on, but I noticed that this update does not reappear when I check for updates.
    04-15-2014 02:55 AM
    Guys my surface is up to date . but recently for past 3-4 days I have been observing that even after charging the surface to 100% in the night , when I keep it over night attached with the type cover 2 I see a huge battery drain by morning and plus the surface is hot too . what is the issue here guys ? and is there any soloution to this mess ? I love the surface but then this kind of stuff is really irritating . is Microsoft aware about this issue and is my case unique here or many users too are facing the same issue ?
    05-01-2014 03:29 AM
    I got the type cover, but yet to connect or play with it. I was leaning towards getting a blue tooth mouse and keyboard anyway and just resell the keyboard touch cover.
    05-01-2014 08:25 PM
    Guys my surface is up to date . but recently for past 3-4 days I have been observing that even after charging the surface to 100% in the night , when I keep it over night attached with the type cover 2 I see a huge battery drain by morning and plus the surface is hot too . what is the issue here guys ? and is there any soloution to this mess ? I love the surface but then this kind of stuff is really irritating . is Microsoft aware about this issue and is my case unique here or many users too are facing the same issue ?
    Ah that problem I sometimes have. If the surface gets hot, then either the camera app is on OR the surface didn't go into standby mode properly. I had this problem too, so I disabled the swipe-up-for-camera in the start screen, and made sure that my Surface 2 is on standby mode. Sometimes my surface heats up, and when I open it, it directly leads me to what I previously opened, not the start screen where you have to swipe up to continue.
    rav16 likes this.
    05-07-2014 05:46 AM