HULU on Surface 2

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having troubles with Hulu on the Surface 2?
The Hulu Plus app regularly crashes to a BSOD (page fault in none paged area) when the app switches from the show to a commercial , or the other way around.
Using Hulu in the Metro or Desktop browser and the video is blank when Hulu changes from show to commercial (or other way around). You can hear the audio, so it is playing.... Only way I've been able to watch is to changed the quality from whatever it is to another setting and the video shows up. But the commercials will all have no video after that.
I recently restored by Surface 2 (it did it before and still does it after the restore) I tried Hulu before doing all the updates and it didn't have this problem in the browser.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Anyone else having troubles with Hulu on the Surface 2?
The Hulu Plus app regularly crashes to a BSOD (page fault in none paged area) when the app switches from the show to a commercial , or the other way around.
Using Hulu in the Metro or Desktop browser and the video is blank when Hulu changes from show to commercial (or other way around). You can hear the audio, so it is playing.... Only way I've been able to watch is to changed the quality from whatever it is to another setting and the video shows up. But the commercials will all have no video after that.
I recently restored by Surface 2 (it did it before and still does it after the restore) I tried Hulu before doing all the updates and it didn't have this problem in the browser.
I haven't experienced any problems with Hulu Plus. I recommend repeatedly checking for updates, rebooting, checking again. I have found that sometimes updates get downloaded but need a reboot in order to be installed. And sometimes there is another wave of updates that appear once their prerequisites have been installed.

I recently got back into owning a Surface 2 (after trading in my previous one a year ago) and I had forgotten how many updates there are and how finicky the system is in installing them.

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon