Surface Laptop Studio 2: The quintessential Windows 11 laptop

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
@Daniel Rubino do you think the base model with no dGPU will have a similar battery life to the original Laptop Studio?

Anyway, thanks for the in-depth review as always. :)
Thanks! Great question. I can't say precisely how much better battery life would be, but it would be pretty significant (maybe an extra hour or two?).

Personally, I'd be fiiiiiine with that model for what I need this laptop for and is the one I'd get. RTX GPUs are great, but if you're doing a lot of gaming or video work, it doesn't do much except use more power.

kroty

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Great question. I can't say precisely how much better battery life would be, but it would be pretty significant (maybe an extra hour or two?).

Personally, I'd be fiiiiiine with that model for what I need this laptop for and is the one I'd get. RTX GPUs are great, but if you're doing a lot of gaming or video work, it doesn't do much except use more power.
Yes, basically I don't need a GPU (and even SLS too) just for web and light office work, so better battery life would be a plus. I like the cool form factor just like the OG Surface Book I have and I'm willing to pay extra for it. It's a shame that other OEMs aren't making SLS design in a cheaper configuration.

Reactions: Daniel Rubino

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria