Bad input lag on Surface 3 with Windows 10

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just cross posting this as a heads up to anyone who has upgraded or is thinking of upgrading a Surface 3 but Windows 10 (10240) has a bad delay/lag on inputs. This is for touch, mouse, track pad and pen. I've seen it happen to two upgraded systems now.

It may only be something you notice in a sketching, drawing or game apps. An easy test is to open up Fresh Pain and draw a fast circle with a paint brush. You'll get what looks like a combined circle/polygon with straight lines. I've also seen erroneous lines get drawn when palm recognition should have kicked in that didn't occur under 8.1.

In games your swipe will lag several inches behind your finger or pen. This is easy to see in something like Cut the Rope or Fruit Ninja as they have a visual feedback. Please see this video, https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...872&authkey=!AObZHzaxaY8UqOQ&ithint=video,mp4

Not sure if this impacts the Surface Pro.

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I set up a Surface 3 factory fresh a fortnight ago with this exact issue with 8.1, took it back faulty as DOA after a system refresh didn't help, and the store told me they'd seen a couple with this issue.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The engineers are working on this issue now. They appear to be taking this issue seriously. I can see how the problem may have slipped past up to this point.

I must say the Surface support group is fantastic.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I set up a Surface 3 factory fresh a fortnight ago with this exact issue with 8.1, took it back faulty as DOA after a system refresh didn't help, and the store told me they'd seen a couple with this issue.

Mine was fine on 8.1 out of the box. It only happened after updating, but I jumped right into 10. I wonder if it may have been one of the firmware or a driver updates and isn't specific to 10?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This has been fixed along with the brightness bug in an Intel graphics driver update. My Surface 3 is overall much faster and more responsive now.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It should come automatically through WU. Look for an Intel graphics driver update. If your screen brightness toggle works you should have the update. Make sure you are not on a metered connection if you haven't gotten it yet.

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Getting used to auto updates, not patch Tuesday's , is a different experience. Not sure how many users leave their tablets on 24/7 for this to work well. My S3 is working far better today than 2 days ago, always on in the dock. I wonder if update check happens every power cycle.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The massive one is coming too. Guess they need to get the bandwidth back to push the big update. They nearly doubled the previous bandwidth record according to one of the stories here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi