What happened to the Touch Covers?

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I've used a Touch Cover for my Surface RT and now for my Surface 3 there seem to be only Type Cover available. What happened to the Touch Covers? Does anyone know whether MS is planning to produce Touch Cover for the newer Surface devices or not?

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I've used a Touch Cover for my Surface RT and now for my Surface 3 there seem to be only Type Cover available. What happened to the Touch Covers? Does anyone know whether MS is planning to produce Touch Cover for the newer Surface devices or not?
No one outside of Microsoft knows for sure, but I'd say that it is a safe bet that there will not be any more touchcovers produced. It seemed that the only reason for the touchcover to exist was to be able to market the Surface with a keyboard cover at a reduced price. It suffered the same fate as those "custom blades" that Panay demoed at the release of the Surface 2.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Anyone, and I speak form experience, that has used both would never prefer the touch cover. It worked remarkably well but is no match for the type cover, especially the surface 3 one with a far superior touchpad and click buttons.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone, and I speak form experience, that has used both would never prefer the touch cover. It worked remarkably well but is no match for the type cover, especially the surface 3 one with a far superior touchpad and click buttons.

Agreed, I had the touch cover with my Surface RT but now that I have the Type Cover on my S3 I could not see myself going back to the touch cover. The Type Cover 3 is miles better. I originally thought the extra thickness would bother me but I don't notice it. The keys are supurb for such a thin cover and the backlight and touchpad are fantastic as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes