Skype VIdeo app, camera stops working

eagle63

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Is the Skype Video app terrible for everyone, or just me? I would say 75% of the time I attempt to use it, the camera either stops working immediately after connecting to someone, or seconds/minutes later during the call. It's not a bandwidth issue because this even happens when I'm using it across my LAN at home. I'm not sure if the problem is that the windows version of the app is bad, or if it's something specific to the Surface 3. (I've used Skype a lot on an iPad and it works great)

Love to hear any feedback or ideas, although if you're going to respond with "just reboot", or "try resetting your device and reinstalling windows" then don't bother. Thanks,

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is the Skype Video app terrible for everyone, or just me? I would say 75% of the time I attempt to use it, the camera either stops working immediately after connecting to someone, or seconds/minutes later during the call. It's not a bandwidth issue because this even happens when I'm using it across my LAN at home. I'm not sure if the problem is that the windows version of the app is bad, or if it's something specific to the Surface 3. (I've used Skype a lot on an iPad and it works great)

Love to hear any feedback or ideas, although if you're going to respond with "just reboot", or "try resetting your device and reinstalling windows" then don't bother. Thanks,

I thought it was only me but I've had the same experience on my surface 3 too. Guess we have to wait for an update to sort it out

mikelino666

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by eagle63

If you are concerning about the video app integrated with os, yes it's so bad.. I always have to you skype win32 that is completely better.. The only one problem is the huge amount of battery used diring videocall

eagle63

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
It's pretty amazing how awful it is. Skype was so far ahead of everyone years ago, then their platform languished. I was really optimistic when MS bought them; hopeful that they would put some money and effort back into it. Wow was I wrong, Skype might actually be worse than it was 5 years ago.

At this point I'm just waiting for Slack or Telegram to add video calling to their apps. Should happen pretty soon I imagine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes