CPU throttling under load after 1709?

Bill Dolan1

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,
I just got my Surface Book 2. I got the 15 inch with 1tb. While doing all the normal updates and everything I noticed that the CPU fan was running and seems appeared to hum along pretty good. Last night before going to sleep, I upgraded it to 1709 through Windows update.
I was attempting to do some benchmarks on it this morning to see how it is performing in comparison to my old Surface Book Gen 1. I noticed that when the CPU is under full load, the processor is hitting 100C and don't drop below 96C or so and the fans never seems to fully spin up.
I attempted to do a full reset on the machine and noticed while that process was on going, I noticed that the fans were running pretty good.
After the system was back up, it still had 1709 and exhibited the same behavior.
Has anyone else noticed this sort of behavior?

FangerZero

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Bill Dolan1 though I hate you for being able to buy yours, MS always removes it from the cart when I try to buy it. As for the fans, I don't know if it was MS or another company said that, turning them up any higher didn't yield the machine to be much cooler. If I find the video/article I'll post it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills