Can I get some help with a Surface book issue?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Surface book issues

Hello,

I have had this issue for about two weeks. I have a Surface book i7 processor GB memory and 500GB HDD. I am running Windows 10 64bit. I Go through the initial setup of the Surface Book fine. I usually set it up with our Microsoft account but I have also set it up by creating a local account as well. Once the setup is finished I run updates. It usually takes a few times checking for updates before my Surface Book is completely up to date. I then add the Surface Book to my domain and restart. I can log in as any domain user but the screen comes up black and i am able to see and move the cursor. I have to to click ctrl+alt+delete to pull up the task manager and then run explorer.exe. Once my desktop loads it may take a few minutes but I get the "Critical error start menu and Cortana aren't working will try to fix it next time you sign in." It logs me out and I can sign back in but within 5 minutes i have the same error. Also if I take the pc off the domain the error still shows on the local account that i created in the initial setup. I have done several system restores and have spoken with a microsoft technician but after 2 hours of troubleshooting and running scripts from power shell I was sent back to the store for a replacement. So this is the second surface book that I am running into this issue with.

Any suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes