Surface Book Replacement Question

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's possible to get just the keyboard replaced? Or does Microsoft want to replace the whole thing? It would be nice to just get the keyboard replaced as I think my problem is related to that and it would be minimal downtime and I wouldn't have to go through the exercise of reinstalling all my programs.

For the most part, my Surface Book (i7/512/dGPU) experience has been pretty good, however I've had one lingering issue with the touchpad. When coming out of sleep, it often doesn't work. Can't move the cursor, can't scroll, can't click, etc.. The immediate solution is to detach / reattach but that's annoying. Sometimes I can actually get it to work by using multiple fingers, say using 4 fingers to move the cursor. Eventually it seems to wise up to that and only require 3 fingers. Then 2. Then 1 (ie working correctly). Been through all the firmware updates and Windows updates, and while the problem has gotten a little less frequent, it's still present so I was thinking about doing a hardware replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon