Surface book for intense gaming

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! So I'm in the market for a mobile gaming device and I wondered if you guys have used the surface book or surface pro 4 for playing Black Desert Online or any graphic intense games. I will eventually build a new desktop tower, but there are some things you can do automatically in the game like fishing, but it racks up the electricity bill when I leave my tower on for days. I was hoping I could use a lower energy consumption device to perform those automatic gaming things to save my energy bill, but I might also want to actually play on the devices when I'm traveling. Have you guys used the surface pro 4 or surface book to play games? Specifically BDO?

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used the surface book. but i don't recommned intense gaming on it. It can produce some serious heat that can shorten the lifespawn of your tablet. If you want to game on a mobile device. Buy a gaming laptop

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used the surface book. but i don't recommned intense gaming on it. It can produce some serious heat that can shorten the lifespawn of your tablet. If you want to game on a mobile device. Buy a gaming laptop

Agreed. I wouldn't rely on the Surface Book for anything seriously intense gaming-wise. The GPU isn't that powerful and the thing definitely gets very warm, which will eventually destroy the batteries and/or other components. You're much better off with a gaming laptop, especially for the price difference between the ones with similar components but better GPUs (something comparable overall but with more RAM and a better GPU can be had for less than the price of the i5/dGPU Surface Book). The most I do with mine is some Diablo 3 sessions on the couch ;).

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys! I learned the surface book runs games fairly well. I don't NEED ultra high settings, so I think playing on low or low medium if I have to is fine. I will probably wait and see what the surface book 2 has to offer. In the meantime, I'll upgrade my desktop

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you are looking for the Razer Blade Stealth and Core Razer Blade Stealth Ultrabook and Razer Core External Graphics Dock
The Surface Book is not ment for serious gaming. I do a little casual gaming myself, play some old games n stuff, but nothing more! :)
Oh thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to look those up! I really like the mobility and pen feature if the surface. I still use my 1st gen surface, but that is definitely not for gaming lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon