Should Microsoft make a custom Android UI intead of launchers?

Renoktation

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Now that Microsoft has confirmed it's partnership with Google, will it not be a good idea to build a custom Android UI from scratch instead of just making a launcher or an emulator?

Many companies like Mi and Samsung (TouchWiz) are already doing it. This will give Microsoft more control over the OS and also help them to plug in security holes.

I will even dare to explore the possibility of using C-Shell on Android sub-system!!

What do you think?

mdxzfr

Oct 2, 2019
Visit site
This is what Msft should do. Not just a launcher, theme. But all specs, ui n ux. Just like the old Symbian day

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Yes, I think it is a very important point to have their own Windows UI, as a Windows Phone. And very, very important too: have Cortana integrated and not Google Assistant.

Razius

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I need to dig it up, but somewhere I think Panos mentioned it isn't a launcher, but custom skinned Android. Don't yell at me or quote me. I will try and dig it up and edit this when I do.

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
MS is working the UI much deeper than Launcher, and Google has allowed them access to layer Microsoft's on take on the UX.. That's very good news.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes