Surface Duo Demo Units?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly both Best Buy and AT&T are to start having Duo's on display on 8/28. I would assume they'll be accessible and turned on. I guess we'll find out?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I know they are currently preventing reviewers from showing the software, so maybe you WON'T be able to turn it on yet? Not sure.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
My Local BB has one but it's not out yet because they don't know where it's supposed to go.. My Local AT&T store (the Store rep that greeted me when I walked in was not even sure what I was talking about at first). Then a mental light went on and he understood what I was asking about, they did not have one and did not seem to have an expectation of if/when they would get a display unit... I am disappointed but still excited and waiting to get mine..

Cheers,
BR

Last edited:

AlphaBeepBeep

Dec 31, 2019
Visit site
Thanks all. I’ve checked a few Best Buy stores in IL and one att store and nine of them had the demo units. Wish Microsoft would put out a list.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I went back to my local BB, got some hands on time with a Duo. Here are some of my thoughts:
-I can't believe how thin it is. So Cool. Folded closed it's thinner than my Note 10+ in a Unicorn Beetle case.
-Screens Look good, Build quality (fit/finish) was everything you would expect of a Surface branded product. (It really looks and feels very nice)
-Everything worked nicely App performance and smoothness were good.
-The Camera seemed responsive but will take some getting used to (I kept putting my fingers over the lens because there is nothing for your fingers to feel as a border)
-I think the overall form factor is where it should be and I am glad things are evolving in this direction (it will take a bit of getting used to tho)
(I am very happy to have one of these awesome devices inbound)
My buddy (the Store Samsung Guy) and I were talking about all things mobile.
-His thoughts on the Duo (Were favorable), my thoughts and some reasons I am Moving from the Note line.
-Some things I will likely miss and need to work thru because of some Samsung specific apps My Wife & I both use and share information on.
Now just have to wait for my Duo (Now Impatiently waiting) :)

Cheers,
BR

Dan12R

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit that I haven't tried going to a store to try it or even see it. I guess I'm waiting until I have my pre-order in hand. I kind of want that whole "Christmas morning" unboxing experience.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'll admit that I haven't tried going to a store to try it or even see it. I guess I'm waiting until I have my pre-order in hand. I kind of want that whole "Christmas morning" unboxing experience.

But you can still have that, I pre-ordered on day one and had some quality time with a demo unit in my local BB. I can say it was nice and it was fun getting a feel for some of the things that will be different using one.

Cheers,
BR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon