Lets see a picture of your Surface Go!

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Ok the day is almost upon us (or maybe passed depending on when you read this thread! lol)! Lets see a picture of your new Surface Go! Maybe with your hands on it, OR with your lovely mug in the picture.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been tempted to buy one, not as a replacement for my XPS 13, but as something to quickly take with me when I know I won't be at a location long. Still, never knowing when I might need TeamViewer means I would have to lug around a keyboard and mouse too, which makes the whole idea less appealing since. At that point, I might as well just bring my laptop.

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have four Windows portables. One of my main uses is taking something to our camp on the weekends so I can answer questions if my students have them. For most things, one of my iPad Pros work fine (love the Apple Smart Keyboard) but if I need to run a program, I need a Windows computer.

My 13" Toshiba Portege is too big, my Surface Pro 3 is too big, my Surface 3 is too big, and my Dell Venue 8 Pro is too small. That 10" screen is my sweet spot for portability.

Some people don't think three quarters of an inch or an inch make a difference, but some of us do. I'm happen to be one of the latter. I also don't use a mouse with any device that has a trackpad so I only need the Go and the keyboard. I'm thinking that the weight and size will be very comparable to my iPP 9.7 and iPP 10.5 (both with silicone back covers and ASKs).

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
It's sweet. An iPad you can actually use as a computer.

I may be posting in this forum mostly due to some minor issues but I really like it.

I also got the base model.
886dede90365eca3d221723edd929949.jpg
1124253812f4628dff4a6c9a0d890594.jpg

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
For most things, one of my iPad Pros work fine (love the Apple Smart Keyboard) but if I need to run a program, I need a Windows computer.

I have an iPad Pro 10.5 inch and for me the keyboard is so annoying without a trackpad. Yea YEA I know you can use the screen, BUT my thumb really expects a trackpad to be there like on my MacBook and Win10 Laptop!

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPad Pro 10.5 inch and for me the keyboard is so annoying without a trackpad. Yea YEA I know you can use the screen, BUT my thumb really expects a trackpad to be there like on my MacBook and Win10 Laptop!

I think it’s all down to personal preferences. I find myself poking the screen on my Surface devices sometimes, even though using the trackpad would keep my hands on the keyboard. For the most part, I don’t miss a trackpad or mouse on my iPad Pros, but maybe it’s because of the way I use them. Even entering data into an Excel worksheet that has about 575 rows so far isn’t too bad.

I’ll be glad when I finally get a Go. I’ve used the Dell Mini 9 (with larger, faster SSD and US International replacement keyboard) and a Toshiba netbook, plus several other small and oddball computers, to do lots of work. I’ll probably be more tolerant of some of the quirks than a lot of people are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soste