Inking on the Go

Gealan

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
I'm wondering about getting a Surface Go (8GB/128GB). I'm interested to know how well it works with the pen. Is ink to text conversion fast enough to be useable and not annoying? Does a PDF reader app like Xodo work well?

I'm attracted by the size and weight of the Go vs. the Pro. I will use it for pen input, PDF reading and editing in Word/PowerPoint. (Apart from web browsing and checking mail and social media.) Not a heavy user.

I already have a laptop (ageing but still working Toshiba Satellite Z930) and a home desktop, so I don't need a laptop replacement tablet. But if the Go is not up to inking then I can go Pro.

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering about getting a Surface Go (8GB/128GB). I'm interested to know how well it works with the pen. Is ink to text conversion fast enough to be useable and not annoying? Does a PDF reader app like Xodo work well?

I'm attracted by the size and weight of the Go vs. the Pro. I will use it for pen input, PDF reading and editing in Word/PowerPoint. (Apart from web browsing and checking mail and social media.) Not a heavy user.

I already have a laptop (ageing but still working Toshiba Satellite Z930) and a home desktop, so I don't need a laptop replacement tablet. But if the Go is not up to inking then I can go Pro.

I use it to ink 8-10 hours a day....I leave my ink as ink but I do use the ink input panel without issue. I use my Go more than my SB2 now....

Xodo should work fine, I use PDFAnnotator and it handles it with no issues.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I use it to ink 8-10 hours a day....I leave my ink as ink but I do use the ink input panel without issue. I use my Go more than my SB2 now....

Xodo should work fine, I use PDFAnnotator and it handles it with no issues.
My 4 year old son actually uses it to draw using the sketch pad app

Don't mind it since it's not a $1000+ or 2000 gadget.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes