Hi,
    I got my 8Gig Surface Go with Win10 Home S Mode. First thing I did was use Win10 1803 USB Stick to reinstall it and use a Pro license key I already have.
    Big mistake, it is reinstalling Windows 10 Home in S Mode automatically, but without the correct WiFi Drivers.
    Googled for the Qualcomm QCA6174A Wi-Fi/Bluetooth drivers and found them on the Dell website, but you cannot install the .exe and also extracting it on some other PC and trying to install the driver manually does not work.

I could download the factory Surface Go image and try to reinstall that, but how can I get to a freaking Pro version without paying the 99 USD for the upgrade in the Windows store?
    I have several Win10 keys that are unused and I just want to use one of them..

Thanks for any help!
    08-31-2018 04:00 AM
    Hi,
    I got my 8Gig Surface Go with Win10 Home S Mode. First thing I did was use Win10 1803 USB Stick to reinstall it and use a Pro license key I already have.
    Big mistake, it is reinstalling Windows 10 Home in S Mode automatically, but without the correct WiFi Drivers.
    Googled for the Qualcomm QCA6174A Wi-Fi/Bluetooth drivers and found them on the Dell website, but you cannot install the .exe and also extracting it on some other PC and trying to install the driver manually does not work.

I could download the factory Surface Go image and try to reinstall that, but how can I get to a freaking Pro version without paying the 99 USD for the upgrade in the Windows store?

Thanks for any help!
    Use the same Pro key as before - it shouldn't have an issue activating
    08-31-2018 07:14 PM
    Use the same Pro key as before - it shouldn't have an issue activating
    You mean install the Surface Go Recovery image with Win10 Home S and then use the Pro key to activate it?
    09-01-2018 02:13 AM
    You mean install the Surface Go Recovery image with Win10 Home S and then use the Pro key to activate it?
    Correct - there is a thread where I show how to do it in the Go Forum...

https://forums.windowscentral.com/sh...=1#post3755285
    09-01-2018 10:30 AM
    Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Recovery. Under Reset this PC, select Get started.
    Restart your PC to get to the sign-in screen, then press and hold down the Shift key while you select the Power icon > Restart in the lower-right hand corner of the screen. After your computer restarts, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
    You can also use installation media to reset your PC. See Recovery options in Windows 10 for detailed steps.
    https://dailytechposts.com/upgrade-w...0-home-to-pro/
    Last edited by markwilliams; 11-27-2018 at 04:27 AM.
    09-01-2018 11:27 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for any help!
    I did exactly what you did and downloaded the drivers from here,
    https://forums.windowscentral.com/sh...=1#post3758120

I'm running a clean new build of Windows 10 Pro, so this is all possible.
    09-01-2018 09:16 PM
    I managed another way, first disconnect the wifi (no internet connection active) and enter the generic/default Win10 pro key that can be found here:
    https://www.kapilarya.com/activation...or-product-key
    It activates fine/changes to Win10 pro and reboots two times. Afterwards, enable the wifi again and enter the correct Win10 key..it activates just fine as Pro version, should anybody have the same issue :)
    Kirill Kuzmenko likes this.
    09-09-2018 04:13 PM
    it worked for me, thank you very much!
    10-15-2018 02:22 PM