Reinstall fresh Windows 10 Pro on Surface Go with Windows 10 Home S

dopps

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
I got my 8Gig Surface Go with Win10 Home S Mode. First thing I did was use Win10 1803 USB Stick to reinstall it and use a Pro license key I already have.
Big mistake, it is reinstalling Windows 10 Home in S Mode automatically, but without the correct WiFi Drivers.
Googled for the Qualcomm QCA6174A Wi-Fi/Bluetooth drivers and found them on the Dell website, but you cannot install the .exe and also extracting it on some other PC and trying to install the driver manually does not work.

I could download the factory Surface Go image and try to reinstall that, but how can I get to a freaking Pro version without paying the 99 USD for the upgrade in the Windows store?
I have several Win10 keys that are unused and I just want to use one of them..

Thanks for any help!

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I got my 8Gig Surface Go with Win10 Home S Mode. First thing I did was use Win10 1803 USB Stick to reinstall it and use a Pro license key I already have.
Big mistake, it is reinstalling Windows 10 Home in S Mode automatically, but without the correct WiFi Drivers.
Googled for the Qualcomm QCA6174A Wi-Fi/Bluetooth drivers and found them on the Dell website, but you cannot install the .exe and also extracting it on some other PC and trying to install the driver manually does not work.

I could download the factory Surface Go image and try to reinstall that, but how can I get to a freaking Pro version without paying the 99 USD for the upgrade in the Windows store?

Thanks for any help!

Use the same Pro key as before - it shouldn't have an issue activating

GTan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for any help!

I did exactly what you did and downloaded the drivers from here,
https://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=478633&p=3758120&viewfull=1#post3758120

I'm running a clean new build of Windows 10 Pro, so this is all possible.

dopps

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
I managed another way, first disconnect the wifi (no internet connection active) and enter the generic/default Win10 pro key that can be found here:
https://www.kapilarya.com/activatio...ve-a-valid-digital-entitlement-or-product-key
It activates fine/changes to Win10 pro and reboots two times. Afterwards, enable the wifi again and enter the correct Win10 key..it activates just fine as Pro version, should anybody have the same issue :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss