When will the Surface Go get 1903?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Two days ago I checked Windows Update and saw that FINALLY the 1903 update was ready..... It then proceeded to fail to download every single time I tried. Today, I don't see any update message at all. The heck!?!?!

I decided (again) to say screw it and try the manual route. I did the smart thing and created a backup system image in case something goes wrong (so wrong that reverting to the previous build doesn't fix it lol).

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
Two days ago I checked Windows Update and saw that FINALLY the 1903 update was ready..... It then proceeded to fail to download every single time I tried. Today, I don't see any update message at all. The heck!?!?!

I decided (again) to say screw it and try the manual route. I did the smart thing and created a backup system image in case something goes wrong (so wrong that reverting to the previous build doesn't fix it lol).

Wow, I didn't know this was even an issue. I installed Windows 10 Home version 1903 update on the first attempt on 8/5/2019 without any problems. My OS build says 18362.295. I didn't do anything special. Simply went to Settings and Windows Update. I recall it took awhile to complete, maybe over a half hour or so, don't remember exactly. Geez, now I feel like I won the lottery or something LOL. Here's a screenshot picture attached.

Attachments

• Windows 10 Version 1903 pic.jpg
    Windows 10 Version 1903 pic.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 6

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know this was even an issue. I installed Windows 10 Home version 1903 update on the first attempt on 8/5/2019 without any problems. My OS build says 18362.295. I didn't do anything special. Simply went to Settings and Windows Update. I recall it took awhile to complete, maybe over a half hour or so, don't remember exactly. Geez, now I feel like I won the lottery or something LOL. Here's a screenshot picture attached.

Actually, I also installed the same Windows 1903 update on my Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with no issues as well. Also took awhile to complete, over half an hour or longer.

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
The new 1903 update seems more cosmetic to me than anything else. I notice a new dark theme which I like. The Windows login screen now fades the picture in the background. If there is any major new functionality change, I don't notice it.

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
I just installed a new 1903 update today 8/30/2019 for both of my Windows laptops. The OS build now shows "18362.329"

Here's a screenshot picture of all updates installed on my Surface Go including today's 1903 update. My Lenovo Thinkpad got the same update. Took about an hour with many, many restarts to finally finish.

Attachments

• Windows 1903 update Aug30.jpg
    Windows 1903 update Aug30.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit