Windows Phone 8 Apps

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been seeing all the "first look" articles on WPCentral about new apps. ESPN ScoreCenter is the one I'm most interested in. They all say "Windows Phone 8", but will they run on the Surface? And if so, is it like Android where the apps will scale properly, or will they run small like iPhone only apps do on the iPad?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Figured I'd bump this thread since I found an answer, and in case someone else has the same question. This is from CNet:

Your Windows Phone 8 apps from the Windows Phone Store aren't designed to run on Windows RT or Windows 8, though it might be that if you purchase an app, the vendor may give you access to editions for other devices.

So to answer my own question: no. A Windows 8 Phone app won't run on RT. So the question is, will developers make both an RT and Phone app?

I wouldn't even mind if the Windows 8 Phone apps ran in a mini window similar to iPhone apps on the iPad. But it's pretty simple to make an app compatible with both the iPhone and iPad, and I think MS is making a mistake by not doing the same with their phone OS vs tablet OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital