Steam games for Surface pro

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any success playing any Steam games on their Surface Pro, such as Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, CS:GO. I had trouble just trying to get the regular load menu to set up all my setting and find servers to fit the screen properly and then when I actually could get into a game it would look up and spin like crazy.. Has anyone had any luck trying to get theirs to work or maybe i'm the only one that's having this problem? Thanks for any help guys.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It seams kind of odd there would be issues considering Surface Pro is just a PC in a tablet's body. Just a thought: The games you mentioned were all Valve games. Have you tried non-Valve games? For instance, games built on Source only seam to be able to install in the default directory (without workarounds). Maybe it is another oddity like that.

Toast95135

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've played TF2 already and DoD Source and they played totally smoothly. This is with the settings on max and my max CPU settings at 99% (no turbo).

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I do have a mouse hooked up. Its starting to get on my nerves now.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I've played SkyRim and Aliens Colonial Marines (patched) on my Pro (even installed on the MicroSD) and they all work great, albeit on low settings.

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm playing FootBall Manager 2013.... it's running very good on my SurfacePRO, the bad thing is, without the keyboard (with mouse pad) or one mouse, if you are using the touchscreen, you need to double tap to really click something, normally it's only once!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes