09-30-2013 01:01 AM
59 123
tools
    I wouldn't actually expect software updates to change benchmark numbers, FWIW

PS - here is that benchmark on desktop system just to compare it to the tablets:

09-27-2013 11:24 PM
    Wow, your desktop is about 50% faster than my laptop. Not that this is particularly surprising, but my laptop is brand new. Hopefully getting a second graphics card in it will beef up it's GPU scores at least.
    09-27-2013 11:32 PM
    Hows the kickstand? My biggest concern is that it might not be sturdy in one place and would move around too easily.

Like say I'm in class and want to take notes and this is my chance to prove to my class of hipsters (this is hypothetical) how much better the SP2 is than the MBA. Would I be fumbling around trying to get the kickstand to stay in the middle spot because it switches too easily or does it keep sturdy?

I would like to hear someone's feedback on this because this is the one things I'm skeptical about before preordering
    09-27-2013 11:55 PM
    Hows the kickstand? My biggest concern is that it might not be sturdy in one place and would move around too easily.

Like say I'm in class and want to take notes and this is my chance to prove to my class of hipsters (this is hypothetical) how much better the SP2 is than the MBA. Would I be fumbling around trying to get the kickstand to stay in the middle spot because it switches too easily or does it keep sturdy?

I would like to hear someone's feedback on this because this is the one things I'm skeptical about before preordering
    kickstand works great. its just as good as youve seen in hands on videos on youtube.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    09-28-2013 07:57 AM
    I'm torn between Surface2 and SurgacePro2. For my needs I know I can get by with S2 but, the Pro2 is sweet plus I need a new laptop. I'll end up deciding in a couple of weeks.
    09-28-2013 11:37 AM
    I wouldn't actually expect software updates to change benchmark numbers, FWIW
    Unless the benchmark software has direct access to the hardware, then software updates (specifically updates to particular system APIs) WOULD have an effect on benchmark numbers. And if the benchmark software has direct access to the hardware, then the results wouldn't be of much use since applications wouldn't be accessing the hardware directly but through system APIs.
    azcruz likes this.
    09-28-2013 11:42 AM
    I'm torn between Surface2 and SurgacePro2. For my needs I know I can get by with S2 but, the Pro2 is sweet plus I need a new laptop. I'll end up deciding in a couple of weeks.
    If you need a new laptop the choice is simply: Pro 2. The Surface is more of a tablet replacement.
    09-28-2013 11:43 AM
    Has anybody managed to try the new Type Cover?

I was rather disappointed with the original and i want to know if it's worth getting the Type Cover 2.
    i think its much better. The trackpad is much bigger and way more accurate, one of my biggest complaints about the 1. The key accuracy is much improved as well, but i think i will be getting the type 2 instead, dat backlight bleed between the keys is too cool to resist.
    09-29-2013 10:05 PM
    Excellent points. But generally speaking, people view Windows-based devices to be commodities where price is the primary factor. That's a psychological hurdle Microsoft is battling.
    True, but that's "Windows" -- I think MS is really pushing 'Surface' as its own thing entirely, even though it uses Windows... They want people to say, "if you want a really fast and awesome PC, go get a Surface" or "if you want something that's professional, get a Surface" etc.
    09-30-2013 01:01 AM
59 123