Phantom touches

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Over the past couple of weeks the touchscreen on my Surface RT has started to register phantom touches in the top left and right corners. It happens about every 10-15 minutes of use and I need to turn the screen off and back on for it to work again. My screen is very clean so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Has anyone ever seen this or know how I can fix it? I tried a system refresh but that did not help it.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Over the past couple of weeks the touchscreen on my Surface RT has started to register phantom touches in the top left and right corners. It happens about every 10-15 minutes of use and I need to turn the screen off and back on for it to work again. My screen is very clean so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Has anyone ever seen this or know how I can fix it? I tried a system refresh but that did not help it.

I came here specifically to ask this question. My Surface RT does the same thing and I don't know exactly why. It's the top right & left corners and it stops after I push the power button to put it to sleep. It's hit or miss how often it happens or when it happens. It's done it while I play games, while I'm using Office on the desktop, however I don't think it's ever done it while I've been using Internet Explorer. Very curious.

I was hoping that I could gift this tablet to my girlfriend when I eventually pick up the Surface 2, but there is nooooo waaaaaaay she would put up with this. It may need to go to Best Buy for a trade-in.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I came here specifically to ask this question. My Surface RT does the same thing and I don't know exactly why. It's the top right & left corners and it stops after I push the power button to put it to sleep. It's hit or miss how often it happens or when it happens. It's done it while I play games, while I'm using Office on the desktop, however I don't think it's ever done it while I've been using Internet Explorer. Very curious.

I was hoping that I could gift this tablet to my girlfriend when I eventually pick up the Surface 2, but there is nooooo waaaaaaay she would put up with this. It may need to go to Best Buy for a trade-in.

I ended up trading mine in to Best Buy today. I didn't want to sell it on eBay and make this someone else problem. Going to pick up the Surface 2 tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes