Direct TV streaming channels on Surface 2

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Direct TV login on my tv at home, and in general I am able to watch streaming TV on certain websites on my Surface 2 (desktop IE browser) by authenticating as a Direct TV customer. I get live cnn.com, espn.com (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.) and btn2go.com (Big 10 Network sports in USA)...the only other one I have tried thus far is Fox News (watch.foxnews.com), and it does not authenticate correctly. I know it's Fox News so why would I want to watch it :) but it irritates me that it works on my desktop computer and not my Surface 2. Can anybody get that to work or have any suggestions of how to get it to work? Thanks.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Direct TV login on my tv at home, and in general I am able to watch streaming TV on certain websites on my Surface 2 (desktop IE browser) by authenticating as a Direct TV customer. I get live cnn.com, espn.com (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.) and btn2go.com (Big 10 Network sports in USA)...the only other one I have tried thus far is Fox News (watch.foxnews.com), and it does not authenticate correctly. I know it's Fox News so why would I want to watch it :) but it irritates me that it works on my desktop computer and not my Surface 2. Can anybody get that to work or have any suggestions of how to get it to work? Thanks.

I have Direct TV too and a Surface RT. I didn't know you could stream anything from there. I know they make it available on android and IOS.

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have Direct TV too and a Surface RT. I didn't know you could stream anything from there. I know they make it available on android and IOS.

The streaming I listed above doesn't come from the Direct TV website; it comes from each specific site using Direct TV authentication when asked. Apparently, Direct TV website itself will not stream on the Surface 2 (or using IE 11 even on a desktop computer, which sucks). It says that it will not work on any 64 bit browser. Using chrome, I can stream limited channels when away from home and pretty much any channel when at home. Out of curiosity, I stole my sisters login to Time Warner cable to check their streaming. That website doesn't work because it requires the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2