Cannot close apps

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Really odd one, but only in the last few days I've become unable to swipe down to close.
It just doesn't do anything, as if the feature wasn't activated. :|

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Other than closing apps the touch screen works well on the top part of the screen? Can you see stuff happening when you touch in the upper 10% of the screen? Also, as temporary solution, when you swipe from the left and back (to see the bar with all the open apps) you can directly drag an app from that bar to the lower middle of the screen to close it (as you would close it by dragging from the top but now you come from the left side). Does that work?

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Everything else works as it should, and in fact, certainly with IE, I start dragging down and it pops up the bar at the bottom, and as I keep dragging the bar disappears again.

Interestingly though, it's not limited to the touch screen, as the touch cover does the same thing...
I did notice that when I point the cursor (using the touch cover keyboard), the little hand appears when it's at the top of the screen (fine), then I click and it 'grasps' (all ok), then as soon as I start to drag it seems to 'release' and just becomes a normal cursor again instead of remaining clenched. (if you know what I mean!!)

I tried using that registry hack to increase screen sensitivity and responsiveness, but that doesn't seem to have done anything either :|

lbaxter

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
^^^^ yup

But very strangely its all working again today.

I hate issues that fix themselves without me knowing what went wrong!!!

As someone who works in the software industry (and fields support issues constantly), I can assure you, it happens all the time (and it is VERY frustrating to me, because I want to know what kind of gremlins got in the system).

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
To completely close the app, swipe down to the bottom and hold the tile for approx 3 seconds until it flips over.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
To completely close the app, swipe down to the bottom and hold the tile for approx 3 seconds until it flips over.
That's a great little tip.
I didn't realise until recently that when I swiped to close, it wasn't actually closing them - it just seemed to remove them from the 'switch to' bar.
So I created a shortcut to "task manager" on my start screen and have been using that to manually kill the apps instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon