2 questions about surface 2

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Well i have been using surface 2 for the past two weeks.
I am aware of the fact that x86 apps won't run on it for it is based on arm chipset. I was wondering if Microsoft had to bother recompiling every driver which are available on windows to work on ARM. So is it true that every printer and many other generic devices that are plug and play on windows x86 are sure to work on windows rt?

Also being a windows phone 8 user I expect windows phone 9 upgrade to come later next year. What are the odds Microsoft gives an upgrade for their surface line of tablets for free? Afterall iPad and nexus tabs are given updates to next version of OS (recently google updated their nexus 7 and 10 inch tabs to kitkat)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Every printer might be a bit of an overstatement but there's still a very large number of devices that are compatible. You can always check Windows compatibility website if you have concerns about a specific device.

Windows Compatibility Center

I can't say how long Microsoft will give out free updates but I suspect that they will follow Apple model; free updates until the device can't handle it anymore. I don't think MS will ever make their tablet users pay for updates but I could see a point when desktop x86 users will have to pay for the next version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes