OneNote spell check

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The whole spellcheck and autocorrect thing starts to pi** me off... I just can not get it why MS has such a hard time getting this right. For users like me, who use different languages on a daily bases (german and english) it really can get annoying if almost every text has the highlighting and/or autocorrects. Although the autocorrect bug seems to be removed (FINALLY!) the spellchecking bug is stell there! And no, I don't use one language at a time. A lot of times I have to quote/translate things from german/english in the same text, so just changing the autocorrect language will not solve my problem.

I really love my S2, but this stupid bug just makes me angry all the time...

To make it clear: The normal desktop version from OneNote has all the settings one might need. Autocorrect and spell check can be turned off there. This will, however, not change the modern app's settings. Because of it being a modern app it should normally use the general settings from your Surface and/or other w8 device. On those you can turn off autocorrect/highlighting from the generel pc settings, but sadly and not logically for me, the modern app (OneNote) will not have the highlighting settings updated... I don't know why...

OneNote and all the other office Apps being one of THE main points for selling a Surface became a dealbraker for me just because of this stupid bug...

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Same here :straight:
I always get the annoying auto correct when I write something in English (I am German). For example when I post in these forums right here (using modern IE) ...I have auto correct turned off (general pc settings) but Windows just ignores my choice!

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Jap! There are so many postings about the whole issue with the autocorrect settings and so on (and them not working propperly) and I just can not understand why the hell MS wont fix this...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2