Windows Notepad will FINALLY support these basic text editing features

TheFerrango

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
So notepad is becoming wordpad.
Hopefully rtf and font styles will be next.
My thoughts exactly.
They are ruining the Notepad Experience™ with all these features, when they should’ve revamped WordPad and use it as a WinUI (or whatever today’s name is) showcase.
Notepad was great because it was barebones and featureless. They should’ve stopped at the unix end line support, the last useful update it received.

Reactions: fjtorres5591

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
My thoughts exactly.
They are ruining the Notepad Experience™ with all these features, when they should’ve revamped WordPad and use it as a WinUI (or whatever today’s name is) showcase.
Notepad was great because it was barebones and featureless. They should’ve stopped at the unix end line support, the last useful update it received.
Both were small basic apps that served a purpose, especially for data transfer.

One surprising feature of WordPad was that when fed a scanned document in word format it would save a lean rtf or doc with nothing but text and font/paragraph formatting. Seriously reduced file size.

TheFerrango

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Both were small basic apps that served a purpose, especially for data transfer.

One surprising feature of WordPad was that when fed a scanned document in word format it would save a lean rtf or doc with nothing but text and font/paragraph formatting. Seriously reduced file size.
I've never really been a WordPad user, but I did use to use notepad for stripping copied content of any formatting, hyperlinks or other garbage; I've since moved to notepad++ for such matters.

Those programs also served as guidelins on how a Windows application was supposed to lool like and behave. We now have nothing of sorts, and MS' own interfaces are all different from eachother (outlook's title bar is different from notepad's that's different from settings' one), throwing consistency and polish out of the window Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria