Surface paint job...

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
It has only been about a week, and the paint is already pealing off some of the corners. My surface 2 only ever stayed in my satchel, so there is nothing really rough to actually catalyze this process of the surface paint chipping off the corners. It is upsetting; I can live with it, but it is upsetting. Anyone else disappointed about how easily the paint chips off?

Also, it isn't a very big visible area, but I noticed it because it is my device, and I love keeping my devices in tip top shape physically and systematically. I just hate that the paint is coming off. I knew it would happen and it was inevitable, but the full week has not even finished >..<

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Ugh! I'm sorry to hear that. That really sounds extreme if it's only been a week. :unhappy:

Thanks for the sympathy. Yeah it really bothers me that it didn't take long. And I generally take years to finally damage any product I have worked hard for to purchase. But ehh I have 20 more days to decide on my level of happiness with it.

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It has only been about a week, and the paint is already pealing off some of the corners. My surface 2 only ever stayed in my satchel, so there is nothing really rough to actually catalyze this process of the surface paint chipping off the corners. It is upsetting; I can live with it, but it is upsetting. Anyone else disappointed about how easily the paint chips off?

Also, it isn't a very big visible area, but I noticed it because it is my device, and I love keeping my devices in tip top shape physically and systematically. I just hate that the paint is coming off. I knew it would happen and it was inevitable, but the full week has not even finished >..<
Do you keep it in a pouch or case? Well worth spending a few pounds (or dollars) to be safe. this is what I use, http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2418390

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I thought about ordering that pouch! It seems like the best solution for protection without obstructing the use of the kickstand

You won't be able to use the kick stand while it is in the pouch. Use it if you need to carry it around or if your storing it when its not in use

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
You won't be able to use the kick stand while it is in the pouch. Use it if you need to carry it around or if your storing it when its not in use

yeah I was a bit confusing. Taking out the surface from that pouch wouldn't be a hassle is what I meant. Overall, it is definitely the best choice; and thank you for reinforcing my want for that specific pouch!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS