Surface rt will not power on

sdo582

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
Yesterday I was using my surface RT when I decided to plug in at around 12% battery. everything seemed fine and the Icon on the taskbar showed the battery Icon with the little plug. Then I got a warning saying my battery was at 5% . When I had a closer look at the Icon and moused over, it said plugged in not charging. Then surface proceeded to shut down due to the battery drain.

Now the surface refuses to power on (even though it is plugged in and the white light is on) . Funny thing is if I unplug it and let it sit for lets say an hour, it powers up, shows the surface logo and the battery Icon, then shuts off again. If I plug it in and try booting, there is avsolutely no reply from the machine. I have tried the press and hold method with the power button, power and vol button. I even stuck my recovery Usb in and tried booting but its still dead.

Can someone PLEASEEEEE shed some light on my issue because I have a ton of writing that needs to be done ! Can it simply be a matter of my charger being the issue( even though the light is on), or is it something more?

Also I live out of the US where surface rt isn't officially available (got it brand new off amazon), so there isn't a MSFT store I can visit :/

Scott Stauffer

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
experiencing the same issues... not sure if it is from recent updates, but that's the last thing I did that I believe could have had such an effect. Like to know if others are having this issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon