ONEDRIVE - how to log out on Surface

Paul Land1

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Hey all.

I have a Surface from a family member that is misbehaving with ONEDRIVE. It says that so and so file path is too long and will not sync. The file has been renamed on the MS server via another PC and synced ok and is reflected correct in the web interface. When I look on the surface at the local C:\... location it has also been renamed but the error is still there. This was not done by myself though I have looked and checked all this. I was thinking about disconnecting the ONEDRIVE account from the Surface and try reconnecting it again like you would on a PC but I can not see how to do this. I can not even see how to log out of ONEDRIVE.:confused:

If this because ONEDRIVE just uses the 'LIVE' login account and you have no other options? What would my next/best move be?

Thanks all for and help.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey all.

I have a Surface from a family member that is misbehaving with ONEDRIVE. It says that so and so file path is too long and will not sync. The file has been renamed on the MS server via another PC and synced ok and is reflected correct in the web interface. When I look on the surface at the local C:\... location it has also been renamed but the error is still there. This was not done by myself though I have looked and checked all this. I was thinking about disconnecting the ONEDRIVE account from the Surface and try reconnecting it again like you would on a PC but I can not see how to do this. I can not even see how to log out of ONEDRIVE.:confused:

If this because ONEDRIVE just uses the 'LIVE' login account and you have no other options? What would my next/best move be?

Thanks all for and help.

on the desktop, go to system tray (it should be on the right bottom section, right click the onedrive icon and see if there are options for unlinking or signing out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes