The actual reply to the MacBook?

Rainar Angelo

May 13, 2017
Visit site
With so many devices out now like the Surface Laptop, Surface Book and the Surface Pro, which would be the actual reply to the MacBook Pro?
Naturally it would be the Surface Laptop taking the form factor but then the Surface Book would sweep the floor if we needed a winner from Microsoft. What would it be logically though?

Last edited:

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Define which MacBook :) There are MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs. Surface Laptop would be in the class of MacBook Air and Surface Book would both be in category of MacBook Pro. Surface Pro was initially meant to take on iPad but that was way too easy so I'd say it's in the class of MacBook Air now already. You can't compare Surface Laptop to MacBook Pro because of the lack of dGPU, which is however present in the Surface Book.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I think they are hard to compare. Most of the surface range is innovative ;)

Probably the laptop, given its primarily a simple thing made well. That's apples general market angle. Well that an advertising the bejesus out of everything, which MS has never had much of a reply to.

Photonsym

May 13, 2017
Visit site
If you had to pick, I guess it competes against the air and macbook (the one thats acc called macbook), but with generally higher specs.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I never was a MacBook fan and may be my replies are biased but I think Surface devices are way ahead compared to Macs. If MS cuts all their prices by at least a $100 we may have a tough competition here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon