New Surface Laptop stuck in customs - Free my laptop.

DaleMarthaller

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
I have a Surface Laptop being shipped to Canada. It arrived at the Canada Customs office last Thursday and they have been waiting on the needed paperwork from Microsoft for over 103 hours. I have written Microsoft, called Microsoft and now I'm resorting to Social Media now.

Microsoft must ship thousands of orders to Canada each month. What is with Microsoft??

My laptop is in a warehouse less than 15 miles from where I live for the past four days, is anyone else dealing with this now too?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Surface Laptop being shipped to Canada. It arrived at the Canada Customs office last Thursday and they have been waiting on the needed paperwork from Microsoft for over 103 hours. I have written Microsoft, called Microsoft and now I'm resorting to Social Media now.

Microsoft must ship thousands of orders to Canada each month. What is with Microsoft??

My laptop is in a warehouse less than 15 miles from where I live for the past four days, is anyone else dealing with this now too?

the only party resolving this has to be Microsoft - I'm assuming you bought it from them

If there's a local store with MS products or a local MS office, try visiting them to find out what the issue is

And you've waited less than 5 days, that's not a lot :eek:rly:

DaleMarthaller

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
The issue is that in less than 8 hours Microsoft managed to ship the laptop across the continent and it has been in the city I live in for 5 days now and the delivery company has been waiting on customs documents from Microsoft.

I work for a company that does import / export work and the paperwork should have been available before the product hit the border.

A short while ago I reached out to the top executives as Microsoft Canada and they are researching this issue now.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The issue is that in less than 8 hours Microsoft managed to ship the laptop across the continent and it has been in the city I live in for 5 days now and the delivery company has been waiting on customs documents from Microsoft.

I work for a company that does import / export work and the paperwork should have been available before the product hit the border.

A short while ago I reached out to the top executives as Microsoft Canada and they are researching this issue now.

From my own experience with shipping items from abroad - a couple of years back I won a surface 3 from Microsoft and they sent it to me - it took a month for it to arrive in my country and customs had it for a few days more. And then customs charged me 220USD to release it - I had to pay for receiving a prize :amaze:

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Customs not stupid. They have every rights to impose tax even for gifts in most countries.

Contest rules would have themselves covered that these are for receiver's account.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the OP that this is MS fault.. Most companies these days mass ship using a service like 'World Ease'... What that means basically is the paperwork required for customs clearance is sent either in advance or with the actual shipment.. Customs clearance this way is usually within minutes or hours of the package arriving.

In the OP's case MS did not send the paperwork and that is why it is stuck in customs..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers