SP2 owners, how's your ________ on this years model ?

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
like the title says, let's see how your

battery life (this is kind of a big one)
app expectations
performance
etc

are going with your expensive, new, shiny laptop (replacement?) is doing ?

are you replacing your laptop with it ?
your desktop ?

keep it short n sweet, and list whatever praise/dogfood you want noted, here.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is mediocre, but better than the pro. The App Store is getting better, but it can run real windows programs, so it is good. With the 4th generation i5, it is very fast, and with 8GB of ram, even playing games runs well, even in native 1080p! The display is pretty nice too, but wish it could be higher quality. My iPad's display is more vibrant. The speakers, also, are very loud and nice. Lastly, I love the dual position kickstand, it is very neat.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is mediocre, but better than the pro. The App Store is getting better, but it can run real windows programs, so it is good. With the 4th generation i5, it is very fast, and with 8GB of ram, even playing games runs well, even in native 1080p! The display is pretty nice too, but wish it could be higher quality. My iPad's display is more vibrant. The speakers, also, are very loud and nice. Lastly, I love the dual position kickstand, it is very neat.
While I don't have a SP2, not an iPad, from the store, I always found iPad display over-saturated. It's like it was calibrated to compete against people who have ****ty TN panels has their computer monitors.
People get easily confused with saturation of colors and correctness. Surface Pro 2 display, looked fine when I saw it. But I would prefer to actually see images with it, and compare it with H-IPS display at home. Of course, I know it won't match it in terms of "best possible display of RAW images", as my monitor on my desktop is a wide gamut one, and due to the fact that the Surface Pro 2 uses white LED's, and not high grade CFL's or GB-LED or RGB-LED, which would make the device significantly thicker (like 2 or 3 times the thickness), not to mention eat battery like no tomorrow, especially the using CFL's (and not to mention heat).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes