Surface pro 2 holders

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
How long SP2 can last with a single full charge?
if u plan to use it for note taking in one note,light windows store gaming like Halo SA,Six gun,Guns 4 hire and some light games.
Please answer I'm planning for getting one from US, I stay in India so I can't return it once i get it here, so WP central users help me out, by the way I'm a medical graduate student in help me out.

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Any other users out there can confirm the 8 hours of battery life for SP2?
I have read some where in winsuper site one user has mentioned he used 9hours of one note still lasting 1/3rd or charge?
Other user mentioned he used it for visual studio for more than 5hours still having 60% battery left? Is it possible??
it would be awesome if it is true?

Sleeping Sentries

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
raxy21, I think you have to take into account that battery life now varies more with usage than ever before. In the past, the difference in energy use of mobile processors between heavy and light use was much smaller than now, because the processors were not very efficient and did not have dynamic frequency scaling .etc. Ironically, this makes battery life easier to predict. Now, these processors are very efficient with energy and will scale power use with your workload much better. What this means, is that you can't easily predict battery life. You'll notice this when you use the Surface Pro 2, where the battery life estimator will change frequently.

Bottom line is, how much battery life you get out of it depends on how you use the device. If you like to turn brightness down, shut off nonessential services (e.g. bluetooth), only run very light programs, and have long periods of inactivity, then you are likely to have very long battery life. 9 hours maybe. On the other end of the spectrum, you can get less than 6. It all depends on what you do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon