Where can I get the 256 Model, like NOW

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy on Harrison St. in San Francisco has the 256's now at the store. Also the 512's are also available now for shipping. It says leaves warehouse in 1 business day. If anyone is interested.
Best Buy
SAN FRANCISCO CA
1717 HARRISON ST , SAN FRANCISCO , CA 94103
Available now
Pick up 10/31/2013

Yup - Store Pick up Only
Capture.JPG

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about the misinformation then, I was just going by the fact that it's listed on their website as being available for store pickup.

Not that it helps you out there, but there's apparently 7 of them at the Cambridge, MA Microcenter... :D

As a point of reference that is not misinformation. If someone lives near a Fry's location and wants one they should stop at the store. Fry's inventory system is notoriously unreliable and their people run the gamut from very conscientious to absolutely useless.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
All of the inventory systems are unreliable, I'd say.

Me in MS store on Wednesday: I'd really like a 256 gig.
MS Guy #1: Uh, I'll have to check in back (goes away)
MS Guy #2: Can I help you?
Me: MS Guy #1 is checking in back for a 256 gig for me
MS Guy #2: Oh, no those are out everywhere. we haven't got any at all. Did you try the website?
MS Guy #1 comes back: Here you go
Me: Yay!
The two MS guys then have a long whispered discussion. I never figured out if they happened to have one or if they had a secret stash or what.
I had just spent 4 weeks trying to get my Samsung Series 7 Slate repaired and they couldn't so this was an insurance replacement. I think he was trying to keep me happy.

I'm happy.

vipkl

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, a couple of days ago I was able to order the 512GB model from Staples online, and they just emailed me the shipment tracking number. Concerned about the status, I had called them yesterday and luckily they were able to connect me through to the order verification dept to "clear" it (since this is a large purchase and I had to open a new account as I'd never ordered from them before).

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Here's an update and a strange one at that.

This Surface Pro 2 256GB is for our HR VP. She kind of needs it now and didn't want to wait until December. At the Microsoft Store, we still have the pre order of the Surface Pro 2 256. I went ahead an ordered a first gen Pro 128GB and she was good with that.

I called Microsoft Store and cancelled the Pro 2. I get an email a few hours later saying the dang thing shipped (The Surface Pro 2 256GB model)...so I called to cancel the 128 first gen and they did and same thing...it shipped...geesh...

So, not complaining because we will finally get the Pro 2 and just refuse delivery on the 128 Pro. It seems like their customer service (all in India) couldn't even see that the Pro 2 was shipping today when the day before, they still stood by the December 15th date...

My Surface Pro 2 256GB arrived today. It is setting up and actually restoring my apps and settings from my original Pro. Still weird it shipped when they were so set on saying it would be December 15th. Will try to report back. I will say, it has restored all of my "Modern" apps in the exact layout as it was on my Pro. Awesome...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2