Swap Charger Cable

sheppy1

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi All :)

I have just bought a new SP2 from eBay and I'm waiting for it to arrive, the seller says that the plug is for an EU socket though and not a UK one (where I live). Does the charger split in two allowing me to use any standard 2 pin power plug on one side and a UK socket on the other side or is it not like that?

Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the charger splits into two kinds of plugs for two respective kinds of sockets. Normally, the solution to that kind of incompatibility is to simply buy an EU-type-to-UK-type plug-to-socket adaptor. These can easily be found in any hardware store or mall (in the right department, of course).

Added note: once the charger arrives, check if the input voltage is compatible with the normal outlet voltage at your place, i.e. some chargers are built only to take 110V, so plugging that into a 220V socket will definitely destroy such a type of charger.

sheppy1

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Ahhh right okay, I'll end up getting a proper UK charger then sometime because I don't really like using adapters.

Just checked where the person was from that sold it told me and they have 230v sockets which are the same as the ones in the UK so I should be fine 😊

Thanks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon