Stuttering video won't stop

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased the newest version of Surface Pro in January of this year. So far, I have been very happy with it across the board. Battery has been excellent and I have not experienced many if any issues.

That's far different than the Original Surface Book I bought and subsequently dumped a couple years ago.

HOWEVER

I had to fly across country this week and one issue that plagued me on the SB has apparently not gone away on this device.

I buy movies or have bought movies from the Windows Movie store. I own about 10-15 of them.

I decided to download a couple of them for my flight since I'd be in airplane mode the entire time.

Started playing the movie and, every 3-5 minutes, the movie would stutter for approx. 3-5 seconds. This didn't stop the entire film. I tried the other movie...no luck, same thing. I made sure nothing else was running at all or trying to run. I also made sure I was at max performance while on battery.

NO DICE..Same issue.

I even downloaded a movie from Netflix, thinking that it might be related to playback from the actual store itself and that app. Nothing changed. Same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution to it?

I have the Surface Pro 2017 i5 8GB edition.

All updates have been done as well.

Thanks

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

Tried it...didn't work...

I started from scratch but here I am again, same issue.

I'm starting to think that MS just cannot make a device that can really double as productivity tool and entertainment. Most people I know when they work and travel have a few movies they bring along with them.

I do NOT want to carry an iPad but feel like I have to. I had zero issues with my ipad Pro but switched to this since I need to use Pivot Tables in Excel w/slicers and the Office Excel for ios does not contain that one crucial feature.

This is so frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2