Too late to order SP3?

xanderla25

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!

I pre-ordered the Surface Pro 3 from Best Buy, but have since learned that I could have gotten a discount if pre-ordering from The Microsoft Store, as I am a K-12 teacher. I really would like to have it before I leave for the summer (late June) and thus am worried that if I were to cancel the Best Buy order and pre-order from Microsoft, it might not arrive in time. Do you think I'd still receive it before the end of June? I am ordering the i5 256GB configuration. Thanks!

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!

I pre-ordered the Surface Pro 3 from Best Buy, but have since learned that I could have gotten a discount if pre-ordering from The Microsoft Store, as I am a K-12 teacher. I really would like to have it before I leave for the summer (late June) and thus am worried that if I were to cancel the Best Buy order and pre-order from Microsoft, it might not arrive in time. Do you think I'd still receive it before the end of June? I am ordering the i5 256GB configuration. Thanks!

The Microsoft online store is still showing June 20th date for the configuration you selected so yes you will still get it by the time you need it.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if the GRADUATION coupon is still active but that could have given you another $100 off educational pricing. Might be worth giving it a try

xanderla25

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
When I was thinking about Surface Pro 2 I had tried the GRADUATION coupon, but sadly it's no longer working for SP3. Too bad, that would have been great!

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I did the same and Bestbuy is giving me a 10% "education" discount in the store. I didn't order online. Just talk to the manager. They didn't know about the MS offer, but looked it up and confirmed the discount.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I believe Best Buy will match the discount, though this may vary from store to store.

Also, since we're talking about discounts, if you're a veteran, Microsoft stores give 10% off every day to veterans. Not on all products, but I do believe you can use it on the Surface family of products.

EDIT:
Found it (wasn't easy to find):
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fstore%2Fmsusa%2Fen_US%2Fmil&token=I-ZmyYEa
10% on accessories and software, 5% on PCs and Surfaces.

Last edited:

fonzman78

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I did the same and Bestbuy is giving me a 10% "education" discount in the store. I didn't order online. Just talk to the manager. They didn't know about the MS offer, but looked it up and confirmed the discount.

Yes, I did the same thing. Ordered in store and they will match the 10% discount.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes