Is finger on the screen scrolling supposed to be this jittery?

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I love the smoothness of the newer windows operating systems but I noticed something on my new SP3 that bothers me. When you flick the screen and scroll it scrolls as smoothly as any tablet I've ever used including the iPad which is the gold standard for smoothness imho.

If you hold your finger on the screen and scroll it has a slight jitter that the iPad doesn't have. This is especially noticeable if you touch the screen from the middle and move your finger over to the side. Maybe I'm just being anal but I wanted to see if anybody else noticed this. Smoothness and a fluid UI are the most important features in a tablet to me and so far this is the only gripe I can come up with. Love the new Surface :)

deezknuts

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
i have noticed this too. comparing SP3 to SP2, SP2 just feels more smooth. it almost feels like at times, the CPU is throttled and i noticed some slow downs. I did a test launching applications at the same time btw SP2 and SP3 and the sad part is SP2 is quicker and feels a tad bit snappier. sigh. one step forward, two steps back.

Mike-J-G

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Are you plugged into AC when you notice this? I don't have an SP3 but I had another tablet that had jumping scrolling only on AC power. On battery power it was smooth.

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's done it in both but I think it's me just being picky more than anything else. I haven't noticed much today. The scrolling on the surface is much like the iPad (because of shared patents I would imagine) and I think I just got really used to using the iPad. Every time I see the surface use the bounce back feature it's almost as if I'm using a larger iPad which is a good thing imho.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon